Greensboro Acquires Malik Pope
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, announced today that the team has acquired Malik Pope off waivers. In a corresponding transaction, the team has waived Roscoe Smith.
Pope (6-10, 220) comes to the Triad from PAOK Thessaloniki in Greece where he appeared in six games. He was a member of the Los Angeles Lakers during the 2018 NBA Summer League. Pope played limited minutes in six games in Sacramento and Las Vegas with the Lakers.
The former San Diego State University standout played in 125 games (69 starts) with the Aztecs. Earning 2018 Mountain West All-Conference honors (second team, honorable mention), he averaged 12.8 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.2 blocks during his senior season.
Smith averaged 7.7 points and 4.6 rebounds in 23 games with the Swarm this season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109 - Austin Spurs
- Oklahoma City Goes Cold at Sioux Falls - Oklahoma City Blue
- Terry, Cooke III Lead Skyforce Past Blue - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wolves Ousted by Drive in Waning Moments - Iowa Wolves
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109 - Stockton Kings
- Drive Win on Thornton's Game-Winning Layup - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Acquires Malik Pope - Greensboro Swarm
- BayHawks Power Past 905 - Raptors 905
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Acquire Tai Odiase - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Warriors Snap Vipers Five-Game Winning Streak, Earn 92-91 Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.