Oklahoma City Goes Cold at Sioux Falls
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Oklahoma City Blue (20-7) fell to the Sioux Falls Skyforce (18-10), 119-107, on Sunday evening.
Entering the fourth quarter, Oklahoma City trailed 85-83. A layup from Kevin Hervey with just over seven minutes left gave the Blue a 96-95 lead that was extended to four points before a three-pointer from the Skyforce's Duncan Robinson kicked off a game-sealing 20-7 run for the home team.
Hervey finished with 14 points and a career-high 10 rebounds for the first double-double of his career. He was one of seven in double figures for the Blue.
KJ McDaniels led Oklahoma City with 21 points, eight rebounds and two blocked shots. Abdul Gaddy scored 17 points on 8-of-14 shooting and added 16 assists to tie his career high.
The Blue trailed for the entire first half and was down by as many as 11 points in the second quarter. Midway through the second, Chris Wright converted two free throws to tie the game at 43 apiece, but Sioux Falls' Emanuel Terry scored 10 points in the second and the Skyforce led 63-56 at halftime.
Wright finished with 13 points and six rebounds. Terry and Charles Cooke led Sioux Falls with 31 points apiece.
The Blue won the rebounding battle 41-38 and scored 21 second-chance points to the Skyforce's 11.
Oklahoma City returns home on Tuesday, Jan. 15 to face the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 7 p.m. at the Cox Convention Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109 - Austin Spurs
- Oklahoma City Goes Cold at Sioux Falls - Oklahoma City Blue
- Terry, Cooke III Lead Skyforce Past Blue - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wolves Ousted by Drive in Waning Moments - Iowa Wolves
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109 - Stockton Kings
- Drive Win on Thornton's Game-Winning Layup - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Acquires Malik Pope - Greensboro Swarm
- BayHawks Power Past 905 - Raptors 905
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Acquire Tai Odiase - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Warriors Snap Vipers Five-Game Winning Streak, Earn 92-91 Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Blue Stories
- Oklahoma City Announces Coaching Staff Updates
- Oklahoma City Acquires Returning Player Rights to Beau Beech and First-Round Draft Pick
- Thunder Signs Devon Hall to Two-Way Contract
- Oklahoma City Blue Announces 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Oklahoma City Wins Overtime Nail-Biter