Terry, Cooke III Lead Skyforce Past Blue
SIOUX FALLS, SD - Charles Cooke III and Emanuel Terry scored 31 points apiece to lead the Sioux Falls Skyforce (18-10) to a 119-107 victory over the Oklahoma City Blue (20-7) on Sunday night at the Sanford Pentagon.
In what was a back-and-forth affair, the Skyforce finally managed to create some separation late in the fourth quarter behind big plays from Miami HEAT two-way player Duncan Robinson (19 points) and Rodney Purvis (12 points) who each scored nine points in the final frame to close out the victory.
Cooke III (31 points, nine rebounds and seven assists) dropped a season-high in points while pacing the Sioux Falls offensive attack for much of the contest, while Terry (31 points and eight rebounds) demolished his previous career-high of 18 points, scoring 16 points in the first half alone. After scoring in double-figures just five times through his first 20 games of the season, Terry is now averaging 20.8 points per game through his first four games with the Force.
Oklahoma City saw seven of eight available players score in double-figures on the night, led by KJ McDaniels (21 points and eight rebounds) and Abdul Gaddy (17 points and 16 assists). Bryce Alford followed with 16 points and Kevin Hervey (14 points and 10 rebounds) and Richard Solomon (14 points and seven rebounds) scored 14 apiece to round out the bulk of the scoring for the Blue.
Sioux Falls is now in the midst of a four-game home-stand and will look to continue its success at the Sanford Pentagon with matchups against the Iowa Wolves (9-17), Windy City Bulls (14-13) and Santa Cruz Warriors (19-6) beginning with a visit from the Wolves on Wednesday, January 16.
Oklahoma City now returns home for a four-game home-stand of its own starting with a battle against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (15-10) on Tuesday, January 15.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109 - Austin Spurs
- Oklahoma City Goes Cold at Sioux Falls - Oklahoma City Blue
- Terry, Cooke III Lead Skyforce Past Blue - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wolves Ousted by Drive in Waning Moments - Iowa Wolves
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109 - Stockton Kings
- Drive Win on Thornton's Game-Winning Layup - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Acquires Malik Pope - Greensboro Swarm
- BayHawks Power Past 905 - Raptors 905
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Acquire Tai Odiase - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Warriors Snap Vipers Five-Game Winning Streak, Earn 92-91 Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Skyforce Acquires 2019 2nd Round Draft Pick from Wisconsin Herd
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Mychal Mulder
- Skyforce Announces 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
- Skyforce Announces Time Change for Local Player Tryout in Sioux Falls
- Skyforce to Host Local Player Tryouts in Miami and Sioux Falls