BayHawks Power Past 905
The Erie BayHawks (12-12) took advantage of a strong start to defeat Raptors 905 (14-11) 124-113 Sunday afternoon.
Erie took control of the game early, outscoring Raptors 905 70-55 in the opening half, including a 40-28 first quarter effort. The BayHawks shot .520 from the three-point line in the opening 24 minutes and finished the game shooting .429 from three-point range. In the second half, Raptors 905 battled back, using a 32-27 third quarter to trim the lead to 10, headed to the final frame. Erie stabilized in the fourth, outscoring the 905 27-26 and escaping with the victory.
Two-way players filled the stat sheet for both teams, led by Chris Boucher who recorded a game-high 32 points and 17 rebounds for the 905. Erie was led by Alex Poythress who scored 26 points and added 16 rebounds, both team highs. Fellow two-way Jaylen Adams rounded out the BayHawks offensive attack, scoring 20 points and dishing out a game-high 12 assists.
The 905 now travel to Greensboro for a meeting with the Swarm, January 17 at 7 p.m. Erie continues its road trip in Wisconsin when they face the Herd January 16 at 12:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109 - Austin Spurs
- Oklahoma City Goes Cold at Sioux Falls - Oklahoma City Blue
- Terry, Cooke III Lead Skyforce Past Blue - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wolves Ousted by Drive in Waning Moments - Iowa Wolves
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109 - Stockton Kings
- Drive Win on Thornton's Game-Winning Layup - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Acquires Malik Pope - Greensboro Swarm
- BayHawks Power Past 905 - Raptors 905
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Acquire Tai Odiase - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Warriors Snap Vipers Five-Game Winning Streak, Earn 92-91 Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Raptors 905 Stories
- Future Sport Lab Startups Showcase Innovation with Ryerson and MLSE Leaders
- Chris Boucher and Jordan Loyd Named to All-G League Team
- Chris Boucher Named the 2018-19 NBA G League Most Valuable Player and the 2018-19 NBA G League Defensive Player of the Year
- Raptors 905 Set to Face Grand Rapids in Round One
- Raptors 905 Claim Wade Baldwin IV