Wolves Lose Stunner in Final Seconds to Blue
Oklahoma City, Okla. - The Iowa Wolves (9-19) lost in the closing seconds of Friday night's contest, losing 110-108 on the road to the Oklahoma City Blue (21-8).
Richard Solomon gathered a deflection off a teammate from an inbounds pass and flushed home the game-winning slam with 0.3 seconds remaining in regulation to give Oklahoma City the win.
Darius Johnson-Odom racked up a game-high 34 points for the Wolves, finishing 10-of-18 from the floor and 11-of-13 from the charity stripe. He has now scored 30 or more points twice this season.
Two-way guard Jared Terrell finished with 23 points and nine rebounds for Iowa, finishing just shy of a season-high (25).
Defensively, Iowa allowed Oklahoma City to shoot 48.8% from the field and 39.3% from long distance in the loss.
As a team the Wolves outrebounded the Blue 52 to 46.
Denver Nuggets two-way transfer Thomas Welsh posted his fourth double-double of the season for Iowa, adding 15 points and 15 rebounds to his final line.
Canyon Barry finished with 14 points and six rebounds. Barry has scored in double figures in seven of his last nine games.
Iowa will finish its back-to-back on the road tomorrow night against the Austin Spurs at 7:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 18, 2019
- Austin Spurs Defeat South Bay Lakers 122-114 - Austin Spurs
- Windy City Drops Second Consecutive Game, Lose 107-103 to Erie - Windy City Bulls
- Wolves Lose Stunner in Final Seconds to Blue - Iowa Wolves
- Lakeland's Hot Third Quarter Propels Them Past Wisconsin - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Drops Road Game in Austin - South Bay Lakers
- Payton Ll Drains 31 En Route to Leading Vipers Past Memphis - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Defense Falters against Rio Grande Valley - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Loses Back-And-Forth Thriller in Dramatic Fashion - Long Island Nets
- Levi's Game-Winner Cuts Down Nets - Canton Charge
- Drive Top Ants Behind 27 from Lucas - Grand Rapids Drive
- McRae's 54 Points Sinks Maine - Maine Red Claws
- Advisory: Saturday's Weather Forecast - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Herd Acquires Andre Spight - Wisconsin Herd
- Jaylen Adams Transferred from Atlanta to Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Add Phil Carr - Canton Charge
- Clippers Bench Sparks Win over Kings - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.