Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
Prescott Valley, Ariz. - The Iowa Wolves (20-29) defeated the Northern Arizona Suns (11-38) 115-105 on the road Tuesday Night to secure their third-straight victory. The win also denied Northern Arizona a sweep of the season series.
Trailing for the first 42 minutes of the game, Iowa clamped down on the defense end in the fourth quarter, holding the Suns to 16.7% shooting while outscoring the opposition 27-10.
Brandon Goodwin scored a game-high 24 points and tied a season-high with 11 assists. The Denver Nuggets two-way transfer shot 10-of-19 from the floor in the win.
NBA veteran Hakim Warrick shot a near-perfect 9-of-10 from the field while finishing with 22 points and eight rebounds. The Syracuse alum led the Wolves second-half charge with 18 points after the half.
As a team the Wolves shot 56.0% from the floor for the game, well above their season average. The visiting team also managed to win the battle of points in the paint, 60-50.
Two-way guard C.J. Williams posted 18 points while knocking down four three-pointers. Williams now has connected on at least three field goals from beyond the arc in each of his last seven games.
Jaylen Johnson and L.G. Gill each had productive nights off the bench for Iowa, finishing with 15 and 14 points respectively while shooting a combined 13-of-17 from the floor.
Aaron Epps led Northern Arizona with a 22-point, seven-rebound performance. University of Iowa alum Peter Jok added 20 points while finishing 8-of-13 from the floor.
Iowa will finish out the regular season with a road matchup against the Salt Lake City Stars on Friday, March 22 at 8:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 20, 2019
- BayHawks Soar Past Red Claws - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Drop High-Scoring Contest to Blue Coats - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Stop Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Hosts Maine in Last Regular Season Home Game - Westchester Knicks
- Playoff Bound Memphis Hustle to Host Final Regular Season Game this Friday, March 22 at 7 p.m. Inside Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Matthew Fisher-Davis - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Pistons Assign Khyri Thomas and Svi Mykhailiuk to Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Edged by Hustle in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- NAZ Suns Can't Complete Sweep of Wolves - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hustle Clinch First Playoff Berth Following Massive Comeback - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Soars Past Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.