Westchester Hosts Maine in Last Regular Season Home Game
WESTCHESTER KNICKS (28-20) vs. MAINE RED CLAWS (19-28)
Thursday, March 21, 2019 - White Plains, NY (Westchester County Center)
7:00 PM (ET)
On March 16, 2019, the Westchester Knicks (28-20), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, were unable to get much going and fell to the conference leading Long Island Nets (32-15), 110-102, Saturday night inside the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Westchester will look to go 4-0 against the Maine Red Claws Thursday.
* Jameel Warney is the Knicks leading scorer (20.3 ppg)
* Zak Irvin is the Knicks leading rebounder (8.7 rpg).
* Kadeem Allen leads Westchester in assists (6.7 apg).
* Westchester is 3-2 in its last five contests.
* Westchester is 7-3 in its last 10 contests.
* Westchester is 15-9 at home.
* Westchester is 12-10 on the road.
* Westchester is 3-3 in overtime.
* Westchester went 9-3 in November.
* Westchester went 6-4 in December.
* Westchester went 4-8 in January.
* Westchester went 6-3 in February.
* Westchester's longest win streak this season was seven games, which set a franchise record.
* The Knicks longest skid this season was four games.
* The Knicks longest home win streak is six games.
* The Knicks longest home losing skid was three games.
* The Knicks longest road win streak was five games.
* The Knicks longest road losing skid was four games.
INJURY REPORT/BOX SCORE INFO
Kadeem Allen (NWT) Two-Way.
LAST TIME OUT
On March 16, 2019, the Westchester Knicks (28-20), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, were unable to get much going and fell to the conference leading Long Island Nets (32-15), 110-102, Saturday night inside the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Long Island charged a debt as large as 21 points to Westchester. While the Knicks shot a lowly 36.5-percent from the field and 13.6-percent from distance, on the other end of the ball, the hosts shot 48.2-percent from the floor and sank 36.8-percent of their tries from the perimeter.
Jameel Warney hauled a season-high 19 rebounds, one shy of his career-high, and scored on eight field goals for 16 points. He also added four dimes.
Billy Garrett led with a game-high 30 points tabbing his third game this season with at least that much. Garrett achieved this on 55-percent shooting, to go along with four boards and four assists.
Two-Way Player Isaiah Hicks and Zak Irvin made a return after both were sidelined for five games due to injury. In their returns, the duo added eight and 14 respective points.
For the Nets, Dzanan Musa poured in 24 points. Mitchell Creek finished with 20 points and 10 boards.
On March 10, 2019, seven Westchester Knicks (28-18), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, scored in double-figures in a 115-106 win over the Maine Red Claws (18- 26) Sunday afternoon at Portland Exposition Center. The Knicks have now won three straight and six of their last seven games.
The hosts saw themselves down just three at the 4:40 mark of the fourth quarter. A combined six empty possessions followed before Billy Garrett connected from the outside to put the Knicks back up six more than a minute later.
Westchester put together a mini 4-0 run to lead by 10 with 2:17 remaining in the game and another cold front negated any foreseeable comeback from Maine as the Knicks settled upon the nine-point final.
Billy Garrett (22), Two-Way Player Kadeem Allen (20), Jameel Warney (17), Stephen Zimmerman (15), Paul Watson (11), Sekou Wiggs (10) and Gyorgy Goloman (10) all scored double-figures. Zimmerman collected 10 boards for his double-double while Allen was just an assist short for one of his own.
Andrew White III led on the afternoon with 27 points on 52.9-shooting. He drained a game-high six three- pointers. PJ Dozier gave a 20-point, 10-assist and seven rebounding effort.
Westchester shot 56-percent from the perimeter making 14 of its attempts. The clip is the best since the team drained 68-percent of their looks on November 10, 2018 against the Lakeland Magic.
The Westchester Knicks (28-19) clinched a postseason berth to the 2019 NBA G League Playoffs. Seeding has not yet been determined.
Westchester Knicks History Regular Season Finish
Season Team W L W/L% Finish
2017-18 Westchester Knicks 32 18 .640 1
2016-17 Westchester Knicks 19 31 .380 3
2015-16 Westchester Knicks 28 22 .560 2
2014-15 Westchester Knicks 10 40 .200 5
The Westchester Knicks won the Atlantic Division last season, finished with the best record in the Eastern Conference and tied the eventual G League Champion Austin Spurs with the league's superlative clip. After earning a first round bye, the Knicks fell to Raptors 905 in the second round. In 2015-16, the Knicks lost to the Sioux Falls Skyforce twice in the first round.
The 2018-19 NBA G League regular season concludes on March 23 and the playoffs begin on March 26 at the earliest.
The team with the best regular-season record in each division automatically qualifies for the postseason as one of six "division winners." The additional six playoff berths will be filled by the three "wild card" teams in each conference with the best regular-season records, other than the division winners.
Winners of the division are not guaranteed a top three spot. They are only guaranteed a playoff spot. Playoffs for each conference will consist of three wildcard teams and three division winners and seeding will consist of overall record. The top two seeds in each conference will earn a bye into the second round. The playoffs will begin with three single-elimination rounds before culminating with a best-of-three NBA G League Finals, which will be played in a one-one-one format.
Jameel Warney has scored double-figures in 22 straight games. This excludes just one game as a Knick, when he missed the mark by two points.
NOT THE GREATEST LOOKS
Jameel Warney has only shot worse than 50-percent four times as a Knick, which includes Westchester's last three games. In the Knicks' last three where the team has gone 1-2, Warney is shooting just 37.7-percent from the field (23-of-61). No player who attempted 10 or more shots is shooting better than 50-percent in the span.
BIG BODY FORCES
In Westchester's last four (2-2), Jameel Warney and Stephen Zimmerman are averaging 14.0 and 13.5 rebounds per game, respectively. On the offensive glass, Warney is averaging 5.0 offensive rebounds per game while Zimmerman is collecting 3.3. The duo also leads Westchester in blocks. Warney has raised for 1.8 rejections in the window and Zimmerman has stopped 1.3.
THE GARRETT EFFECT
When Billy Garrett adds 20 or more points in a game, Westchester is 13-5, 8-1 at home and 5-4 on the road.
THE ALLEN EFFECT
When Kadeem Allen registers eight or more assists in a game, Westchester is 12-3, 5-2 at home and 7-1 on the road.
When the Knicks shoot better than 50-percent from the floor, Westchester is 14-1.
From 2/28-3/11, which included five games, Watson produced double-figure points. He averaged 13.6 points on 62.5-percent shooting. He shot the ball second-best of anyone on the team who averaged more points than him in the span. He played the most minutes of anyone else in the window while also knocking down seven three-pointers (second-most) on 43.8-percent (second-best). The team went 3-2.
WITH AND WITHOUT ALLEN
When Kadeem Allen suits up for Westchester, the team is 24-15. When Allen does not appear in a Westchester game, either due to injury and/or via New York Knicks transfer, the team is 4-5.
When Allen plays for Westchester, the team scores 108.6 points on 47.3-percent shooting and allows 104.7 points per game. Without Allen, the team scores 106.9 points on 46.7-percent shooting and allows 105.9 points. With Allen, the team shoots 36.1-percent shooting and without, team is 30.1-percent from distance.
With Allen, the Knicks average 23.8 assists and without Allen, Westchester averages 22.2 assists per game.
In Allen's absence, Billy Garrett and Jameel Warney average 5.0 and 4.9 assists per game, respectively. With Allen in the lineup, Garrett averages 3.4 assists and Warney averages 2.9.
ON THE O BOARDS
Westchester's 15 offensive rebounds registered against Long Island (3/16) were one shy of the team's season-high. The Knicks have hauled 16 offensive rebounds five times this season.
SECOND QUARTER WOE
Westchester scored 19 second quarter points against Long Island (3/16) which marked the lowest since the team scored 18 against Maine (2/20). That game however, resulted in a win. The Knicks have only failed to score at least 20 points in any quarter 17 times. The team is 4-10 when they fail to reach the 20-point mark in at least one quarter.
Westchester faced a 21-point deficit against Long Island (3/16) which later resulted in an eight-point loss. The last time the Knicks faced that large of a deficit came against Raptors (1/28) which resulted in a 15-point loss. In a three-game span that included Rio Grande Valley (1/11), Salt Lake City (1/14) and Texas (1/16), the Knicks faced deficits as large as 38, 34 and 22 points, respectively.
IN THE OPEN COURT
The Knicks' 24 fastbreak points against Long Island (3/16) marks a season-high. The team scored 23 points in the open court against Texas (1/16). Both games however resulted in a loss.
BILLY NOW BILLY THEN
Billy Garrett averaged 11.9 points on 45.4-percent shooting in 50 games (14 starts) played last season. He drained just 36 three-pointers on 29.3-percent, hauled 2.7 rebounds and distributed 2.4 helpers per game.
In 2017-18, Garrett averaged 5.5 points in November, 9.1 points in December, 12.3 points in January, 19.2 points in February and 18.7 points in March.
He scored 29 points twice in his first season (March 21, 2018 @ WCB; March 8, 2018 vs. LIN), which was his season-high. He had 10 games of at least 20 points. Garrett dished nine assists against Raptors (11/14/17) which was his season-high.
This season, he is averaging 16.3 points on 47.5-percent shooting in 46 games (30 starts). He has netted 54 three-pointers on 32-percent, hauled 3.2 rebounds and credited 3.7 assists.
He has tallied 19 games of 20 points or more and has reached 30 points three times this season.
In November, Garrett averaged 13.1 points, in December averaged 14.5 points, in January averaged 11.4 points, in February averaged 24.1 points and this month is averaging 24.0 points.
AT THE START OF...
When the team is ahead by the second quarter's start, the team is 20-12. When the team is ahead by the third quarter's start, the team is 20-9. When the team is ahead by the fourth quarter's start, the team is 23-4.
When the team is behind by the second quarter's start, the team is 5-7 (4-0 at home). When the team is behind by the third quarter's start, the team is 6-9. When the team is behind by the fourth quarter's start, the team is 4-16.
When the Knicks play an opponent who is above .500, the team is 12-12. When the Knicks play an opponent who is below .500, the team is 15-7.
COMPARING TO LAST YEAR
After 48 games last season, the Knicks were 31-17. After 49 games last season, the Knicks were 32-17.
IN 28 WESTCHESTER WINS...
* Westchester averages 113.1 ppg.
* Jameel Warney leads with 19.8 ppg on 52.3-percent shooting in 12 games.
* Kadeem Allen averages 7.3 apg in 24 games.
* Billy Garrett averages 4.2 apg.
* Billy Garrett averages 17.6 ppg on 51.4-percent shooting.
* Zak Irvin averages 9.1 rpg in 13 games.
* Stephen Zimmerman averages 2.0 OREB in 24 games.
* Jameel Warney averages 7.8 rpg in 12 games.
* Kadeem Allen averages 1.5 spg in 24 games.
* Westchester shoots 50.1-percent from the field.
* Westchester shoots 37.4-percent from three.
* Westchester shoots 76.4-percent from the line.
* Westchester averages 25.3 apg.
* Westchester averages 55.1 rpg.
* Westchester averages 15.3 turnovers per game.
ALLEN'S TRIPLE DOUBLE
Kadeem Allen became the second player in franchise history to record a triple-double in a 127-118 win over the Windy City Bulls on March 7, 2019. Thursday afternoon at Westchester County Center. Allen, who is a Two-Way Player, registered 16 points on 54.6-percent shooting, a career-high 12 rebounds and 12 assists. His triple-double performance is just the fourth of its kind in Westchester Knicks history.
* Four 30-point games in 2016-17.
* 14 20-point games in 2016-17.
* In all but nine games scored double-figures in 2016-17.
* In all but ten games, shot better than 50-percent in 2016-17.
* Grabbed 20 rebounds against Delaware (3/11/17).
* 15 10-plus rebounding games in 2016-17.
* Dished four or more assists five times in 2016-17.
* Dished four or more assists 14 times in 2017-18.
* Five 30-point games in 2017-18.
* 22 20-points games in 2017-18.
* In all but two games scored double-figures in 2017-18.
* 22 made three-pointers in 2017-18.
* Grabbed 15 rebounds three times in 2017-18.
* 23 10-plus rebounding games in 2017-18.
* Seven 10-plus rebounding games with Texas in 2018-19.
* Four 20-point games with Texas in 2018-19.
* 16 10-plus point games with Texas in 2018-19.
* 21 made three-pointers with Texas in 2018-19.
A GLIMPSE AT PAUL A SEASON AGO
Paul Watson scored in double-figures nine times last season with just one 20-point performance. Watson scored a season-high 22 points against Fort Wayne (12/26/17) on 72.7-percent shooting where he also drained four triples on 80-perecnt shooting.
* Season-high 22 PTS (FWM - 12/16/17).
* Season-high 8 FGM (FWM - 12/16/17).
* Season-high 4 3PM (FWM - 12/16/17).
* Season-high 3 FTM (2x, last LIN - 3/6/18).
* Season-high 10 REBS (WCB - 3/16/18).
* Season-high 5 ASTS (LIN - 1/17/18).
* Season-high 3 BLK (LIN - 3/6/18).
* 7.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 0.9 apg.
FEBRUARY LEAGUE WIDE
* Jameel Warney ranked 10th with 24.0 ppg.
* Billy Garrett ranked 16th with 22.3 ppg.
* Kadeem Allen ranked third with 10.0 apg.
* Stephen Zimmerman ranked 12th with 11.0 rpg.
* Jameel Warney ranked 20th with 9.3 rpg.
* Jameel Warney ranked third with 10.3 FGM.
* Billy Garrett ranked 19th with 4.7 FTM.
BILLY GARRETT FRANCHISE LEADING SCORER
On February 12, Billy Garrett became the all-time leading scorer in franchise history with 1,156 points. He surpassed Thanasis Antetokounmpo's 1,132.
WELCOME KETHAN SAVAGE
The Westchester Knicks acquired Kethan Savage from the available player pool as announced by the team on March 19, 2019.
This season, Savage, 6'4, 198, appeared in two games with Oklahoma City Blue averaging 0.5 points per game and 0.5 assists per game.
Last year, Savage participated in 31 games with Raptors 905 and earned 12 starts. He scored 3.4 points per game, grabbed 1.7 rebounds per game and dished 2.0 assists per game.
The Fairfax, Virginia native played collegiately for George Washington (2012-15) and Butler (2016-17). He averaged double-figure scoring for two seasons and was 18 points shy of reaching the 1,000-point mark.
WELCOME MATTHEW FISHER-DAVIS
The Westchester Knicks acquired Matthew Fisher-Davis from the available player pool as announced by the team on March 20, 2019.
In ten games with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, Fisher-Davis, 6'5, 185, appeared in 10 games, averaging 1.7 points, 0.5 rebounds and 0.2 assists on 8.8 minutes per game.
The Charlotte, North Carolina native played collegiately for Vanderbilt (2014-18) averaging 10.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game.
GARRETT PLAYER OF THE WEEK
On February 11, Billy Garrett Billy Garrett was named the NBA G League Player of the Week.
In a 2-0 week for Westchester, Garrett averaged a team-leading 30.0 points on 51.2-percent shooting, 3.5 rebounds, 7.0 assists, 1.5 steals and drained four triples.
In a double-overtime victory against Long Island (2/9), Garrett notched a career-high 39 points to go along with another career-best, 12 assists. The guard was 10-for-12 from the charity stripe and did not commit a single turnover in over 40 minutes played.
COACH MILLER REACHES 100
On February 8, 2019, the Westchester Knicks (21-16), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, topped the visiting Canton Charge (12-22), 112-96, at Westchester County Center. With the win, head coach Mike Miller earned his 100th career victory. He is 107-89 as of 3/10.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 20, 2019
- BayHawks Soar Past Red Claws - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Drop High-Scoring Contest to Blue Coats - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Stop Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Hosts Maine in Last Regular Season Home Game - Westchester Knicks
- Playoff Bound Memphis Hustle to Host Final Regular Season Game this Friday, March 22 at 7 p.m. Inside Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Matthew Fisher-Davis - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Pistons Assign Khyri Thomas and Svi Mykhailiuk to Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Edged by Hustle in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- NAZ Suns Can't Complete Sweep of Wolves - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hustle Clinch First Playoff Berth Following Massive Comeback - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Soars Past Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.