NAZ Suns Can't Complete Sweep of Wolves
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - All was well for the Northern Arizona Suns through the first three quarters on their way to sweeping the season series against the Iowa Wolves, and then the fourth quarter happened.
The Wolves outscored the Suns 27-10 in the final frame to win at the Findlay Toyota Center 115-105. The Wolves improved to 20-29 with their third straight win, while the Suns dropped to 11-38, falling for the fourth straight time.
The Suns didn't miss much through the first three, shooting 41-of-73 (.562), including 11-of-25 (.440) from distance. They built a 95-88 lead after three, never trailing and leading by as many as 14 points.
The fourth quarter was completely different for both teams. The Wolves made 11-of-18 (.611) from the field and outrebounded NAZ 16-4 in the fourth quarter. The Suns scored a team-record low 10 points in the quarter, making 3-of-18 (.167) shots, 1-of-9 (.111) from beyond the arc.
For the game, the Suns finished at 44-of-91 (.484) and 12-of-34 (.353) from deep. They attempted just eight free throws the entire game, making five of them. The Wolves made 47-of-84 (.560) from the floor, adding 14-of-18 from the charity stripe. Iowa outrebounded NAZ 48-30.
Aaron Epps led the Suns with 22 points on 10-of-15 shooting and seven rebounds. This marked his fifth 20+ point game of the season. Peter Jok recorded his 10th 20+ point game of the year with 20 points on 8-of-13 shooting, including 4-of-7 from downtown, to go with six rebounds. Hollis Thompson had 16 points, four rebounds and three assists. Daxter Miles Jr. tallied 13 points, three assists and three steals in his third straight start. Off the bench were Daniel Dixon (13 points, 4-5 3PT, four rebounds) and ShawnDre Jones (12 points, 6-8 FG, eight assists).
Denver Nuggets' Two-Way guard Brandon Goodwin had the game's lone double-double with 24 points on 10-of-19 shooting, 11 assists and five rebounds. Hakim Warrick recorded 22 points on 9-of-10 shooting, eight rebounds and three blocks. C.J. Williams notched 18 points, six rebounds, three assists and two steals. Marquise Moore had a game-high 12 rebounds to go with nine points, while Jaylen Johnson powered the Wolves' bench with 15 points (7-10 FG) and five rebounds.
The Suns will end their 2018-19 campaign on Saturday at 7 p.m. PT against the South Bay Lakers. It will be the team's second annual Salute to Heroes Night, where the Suns will honor our military and first responders. The Wolves will end their season on Friday at the Salt Lake City Stars at 6 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 20, 2019
- BayHawks Soar Past Red Claws - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Drop High-Scoring Contest to Blue Coats - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Stop Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Hosts Maine in Last Regular Season Home Game - Westchester Knicks
- Playoff Bound Memphis Hustle to Host Final Regular Season Game this Friday, March 22 at 7 p.m. Inside Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Matthew Fisher-Davis - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Pistons Assign Khyri Thomas and Svi Mykhailiuk to Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Edged by Hustle in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- NAZ Suns Can't Complete Sweep of Wolves - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hustle Clinch First Playoff Berth Following Massive Comeback - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Soars Past Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Northern Arizona Suns Stories
- Northern Arizona Suns Reveal 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
- NAZ Suns Announce Phoenix Tryout Information
- Northern Arizona Suns Issue Statement on President Chris Presson
- Northern Arizona Suns Open Tryout Registration Opened
- NAZ Suns to Host Annual Basketball Camp July 24