BayHawks Stop Red Claws
Erie, PA - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, were in the game at halftime, but were out-scored 63-43 in the second half, falling to the Erie Bayhawks Wednesday night, 119-98.
Maine (19-29) was led by P.J. Dozier, who finished with 23 points and 11 assists. R.J. Hunter added 21 points, including 5-9 from three-point range. Thomas Robinson, playing in just his 2nd Red Claws game, recorded another double-double, with 14 points and 16 rebounds. Andrew White added 13 points in the loss.
Erie (22-26) was led by Cat Barber with 25 points to lead all scorers. Jordan Sibert added 22 points in the win. Erie forced Maine to commit 23 turnovers in the game.
Dozier knocked in an early three to put Maine up 5-3. Jordan Sibert's corner three put the Bayhawks up 3 as the two teams traded leads. Hunter buried a long triple to get the Claws back within 1 at 13-12. The Bayhawks scored 5 quick points, capped byb a Kameron Chatman fast break lay-up. The Red Claws' second unit was unable to get closer in the period, and Erie held a 26-20 lead after 1.
In the 2nd, Dozier fed Goodwin for the easy lay-in. The Bayhawks quickly extended to a 10-point advantage. White's three cut it to 38-31. Cat Barber had a huge quarter for the Bayhawks, scoring 13 points and keeping the Erie lead. The Red Claws came back - Hunter heated up from outside, and his three assisted by Goodwin made it a 54-51 game. Robinson's tip at the buzzer made it a 56-55 Erie lead at halftime. Hunter led Maine with 14 points in the first half, including 4-5 from downtown. Sibert led all scorers with 15 at the breaka.
The Bayhawks opened the 3rd with some quick buckets, but Dozier's slam silenced the Erie run. The Red Claws and Bayhawks traded buckets, with Erie getting it back to double-digits on a Jaylen Morris lay-up. Jeremy Hollowell's three put Erie up 11. Maverick Rowan scored his first bucket as a Red Claw, but the Red Claws still trailed 89-77 after 3.
Craig Sword dropped in a three early in the 4th to put Erie up 92-77. Hollowell's three-point play extended the lead to 16, and Barber made it 20 at 99-79. Hunter rattled in a three to cut it to 16. Chatman answered with a three the other way. Sibert's free throws got it back to 20 at 111-91. The Bayhawks would cruise to victory from there.
The Red Claws shot 43% (39-91) from the field, 29% (10-34) from three-point range, and 59% (10-17) from the free throw line. Erie shot 49% (48-97) from the floor, 31% (11-36) from downtown, and 80% (12-15) from the charity stripe.
The Red Claws have two games left in the season, and will travel to Westchester tomorrow night. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. The season wraps up Saturday at Delaware.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 20, 2019
- BayHawks Soar Past Red Claws - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Drop High-Scoring Contest to Blue Coats - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Stop Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Hosts Maine in Last Regular Season Home Game - Westchester Knicks
- Playoff Bound Memphis Hustle to Host Final Regular Season Game this Friday, March 22 at 7 p.m. Inside Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Matthew Fisher-Davis - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Pistons Assign Khyri Thomas and Svi Mykhailiuk to Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Edged by Hustle in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- NAZ Suns Can't Complete Sweep of Wolves - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hustle Clinch First Playoff Berth Following Massive Comeback - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Soars Past Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.