Blue Soars Past Skyforce
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Blue (32-16) defeated the Sioux Falls Skyforce (23-25), 130-112, on Tuesday night.
Thunder assignment player Hamidou Diallo led the way for Oklahoma City with 26 points on 10-for-17 shooting, eight rebounds and three steals.
The Blue jumped out to a quick 9-0 lead but the Skyforce swiftly evened things out by trimming the deficit to 11-10, giving the Blue just a two-point advantage at the end of the first quarter. The game remained close through the second frame as Oklahoma City entered the break up 58-56.
The game opened up for the home team in the third as 19 points from Diallo powered a 44-28 quarter for Oklahoma City. Entering the final frame ahead 102-84, the Blue maintained a double-digit distance to earn the victory.
"I'm really happy with the win, really happy with the second-half execution," Head Coach Mark Daigneault said. "I thought the guys did a really good job of bringing a sense of urgency to the second half and I thought that ignited us offensively and helped us get a good win."
Two-way player Donte Grantham and Kevin Hervey each turned in double-doubles with Grantham logging 13 points and 10 rebounds and draining three shots from three-point range. Hervey posted 20 points and 10 boards, going 9-for-12 from the floor and blocking three shots in the process.
There were eight Blue players in double figures as Oklahoma City outshot Sioux Falls 51.5 percent to 43.7 percent and grabbed 17 steals to the Skyforce's seven.
Heat two-way player Duncan Robinson led the way for the visitors with 36 points and eight rebounds, knocking down eight shots from beyond the arc.
Up next, Oklahoma City travels to Memphis to take on the Hustle on Friday, March 22 at 7 p.m. inside Landers Center in Southaven, Miss.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 20, 2019
- BayHawks Soar Past Red Claws - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Drop High-Scoring Contest to Blue Coats - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Stop Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Hosts Maine in Last Regular Season Home Game - Westchester Knicks
- Playoff Bound Memphis Hustle to Host Final Regular Season Game this Friday, March 22 at 7 p.m. Inside Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Matthew Fisher-Davis - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Pistons Assign Khyri Thomas and Svi Mykhailiuk to Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Edged by Hustle in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- NAZ Suns Can't Complete Sweep of Wolves - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hustle Clinch First Playoff Berth Following Massive Comeback - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Soars Past Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.