BayHawks Soar Past Red Claws
ERIE, PA - The Erie BayHawks (22-26), NBA G League affiliate of the Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club, soared past the Maine Red Claws (19-29) tonight 119-98 inside Erie Insurance Arena.
Erie had seven players score 10-or-more points in tonight's win, led by Cat Barber's game-high 25 points. In addition to his 25 points, Barber tallied a team-high eight assists, seven rebounds and one steal in 38.3 minutes. Isaac Humphries notched a double-double, finishing with 13 points, a team-high 11 rebounds, three steals and one block in 28.2 minutes of play. Jaylen Morris also recorded a double-double, registering 16 points on 7-10 (.700) shooting from the floor, 10 rebounds and five assists in 34.5 minutes.
The BayHawks dished out 29 assists tonight, marking the 31st time this season Erie has recorded 25-or-more assists. Erie held advantages in points in the paint (72-56) and fast break points (23-10).
Thomas Robinson pulled down a game-high 16 rebounds, to go along with 14 points on 5-9 (.556) shooting from the field in 23.1 minutes as a reserve. Boston Celtics two-way guard P.J. Dozier finished with a double-double, dishing out a game-high 11 assists, in addition to a team-high 23 points, five rebounds and two steals in 37.3 minutes. Former BayHawks forward and current Celtics two-way player R.J. Hunter contributed 21 points on 8-15 (.533) shooting, including a 5-9 (.556) clip from three-point territory and two rebounds in 36.3 minutes.
After 12 minutes of action, Erie held a six-point, 26-20, advantage. The BayHawks notched an 11-point, 52-41, lead at the 3:47 mark of the second quarter. Maine finished the opening half on a 14-4 run to get within one point of the BayHawks, 56-55, heading into the intermission of tonight's tilt.
Erie outscored Maine, 33-22, in the third quarter to hold a 12-point, 89-77, advantage after 36 minutes of play. The BayHawks began the final frame on a 12-5 run, eclipsing the century mark for the 47th time this season, 101-82, at the 8:28 mark of the fourth quarter. Erie would maintain pace throughout the rest of the contest to capture a 119-98 victory.
The BayHawks will wrap up the 2018-19 season this weekend by hosting back-to-back contests. Erie will take on the Windy City Bulls on Friday, before finishing the season against the Westchester Knicks on Saturday. Tipoff for both contests are slated for 7 p.m. and tickets can be purchased online at eriebayhawks.com or at the Erie Insurance Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 20, 2019
- BayHawks Soar Past Red Claws - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Drop High-Scoring Contest to Blue Coats - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Stop Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Hosts Maine in Last Regular Season Home Game - Westchester Knicks
- Playoff Bound Memphis Hustle to Host Final Regular Season Game this Friday, March 22 at 7 p.m. Inside Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Matthew Fisher-Davis - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Pistons Assign Khyri Thomas and Svi Mykhailiuk to Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Edged by Hustle in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- NAZ Suns Can't Complete Sweep of Wolves - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hustle Clinch First Playoff Berth Following Massive Comeback - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Soars Past Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.