Wolves Falter in Second Half, Lose to Warriors
ORLANDO, FL - The Iowa Wolves (0-9), the NBA G League affiliate of the Minnesota Timberwolves, lost to the Santa Cruz Warriors (6-3), by a score of 95-108 tonight at the HP Field House.
The Wolves came out strong in the first quarter, taking an early 11-2 lead. Iowa maintained a slight advantage from the start of the game and took a 46-41 advantage into the locker room at halftime.
Charlie Brown, Jr. led Iowa with 18 points on 7-of-9 shooting and hitting 4-of-5 behind the arc, while Isaiah Briscoe led Iowa in both rebounds (5) and assists (6) at the half. Jordan Poole led Santa Cruz with 10 points and 8 rebounds at the halfway mark.
Santa Cruz took their first lead of the game on a driving layup by Jordan Poole at the 8:43 mark in the third quarter. It was a back-and-forth remainder of the third and into the fourth, with the Warriors stretching their lead by as many as 13 in the fourth in route to the win.
Lindell Wigginton led Iowa with 24 points, making 4-of-7 from behind the arc. Isaiah Briscoe led the Wolves with 6 rebounds and 7 assists overall. Tyler Cook added 22 points, while Charlie Brown, Jr. finished with 21.
Jordan Poole led Santa Cruz with 29 points and 13 rebounds. Dusty Hannahs, Axel Toupane and Nate Hinton also contributed double-digit efforts in the win for the Warriors.
The Wolves will take on the Austin Spurs this Thursday, February 25 at 6:00 p.m. CT at AdventHealth Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2021
- Warriors Beat Wolves and Earn Fifth Straight Win, 108-95 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Falter in Second Half, Lose to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Fort Wayne's Comeback Attempt Falls Short against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Porter Jr. Scores 28, Vipers Fall to Greensboro 109-115 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Brazdeikis Posts 31 Points and Knicks Knock off Magic, 123-113 - Westchester Knicks
- Spurs Toppled by Stars - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Acquire Jacob Evans IIi - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Elijah Hughes Leads Salt Lake City Stars Past Austin Spurs - Salt Lake City Stars
- NBA G League News & Notes: February 23 - G League
- Warriors Serve Knicks First Loss of the Season - Westchester Knicks
- "BBall Paul" Doing It All - Delaware Blue Coats
- Hustle Fall in Final Seconds Following Game-Winning Shot from Raptors 905 - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.