Warriors Acquire Jacob Evans IIi
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Santa Cruz Warriors have acquired guard Jacob Evans III from the NBA G League player pool. Evans III started the 2020-21 G league season with the Erie Bayhawks.
Evans III was originally selected by the Golden State Warriors with the 28th overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft. Evans III averaged 2.9 points, 1.2 rebounds, 0.9 assists and 10.8 minutes over 57 games (two starts) during his time with the Warriors before being traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves in February 6, 2020 in the deal that brought forward Andrew Wiggins to Golden State.
Evans III was assigned to Santa Cruz for 23 games during his stint with Golden State and averaged 11.3 points and 3.7 rebounds.
Evans III will wear number 15 for the Warriors and is available for tonight's game against the Iowa Wolves.
In related transaction, the Santa Cruz Warriors have released forward Dwayne Sutton due to a season ending injury.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2021
- Warriors Beat Wolves and Earn Fifth Straight Win, 108-95 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Falter in Second Half, Lose to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Fort Wayne's Comeback Attempt Falls Short against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Porter Jr. Scores 28, Vipers Fall to Greensboro 109-115 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Brazdeikis Posts 31 Points and Knicks Knock off Magic, 123-113 - Westchester Knicks
- Spurs Toppled by Stars - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Acquire Jacob Evans IIi - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Elijah Hughes Leads Salt Lake City Stars Past Austin Spurs - Salt Lake City Stars
- NBA G League News & Notes: February 23 - G League
- Warriors Serve Knicks First Loss of the Season - Westchester Knicks
- "BBall Paul" Doing It All - Delaware Blue Coats
- Hustle Fall in Final Seconds Following Game-Winning Shot from Raptors 905 - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Warriors Extend Win Streak to Seven Games with 108-88 Win over Nets
- Warriors Hold off Hustle and Extend Win Streak to Six, 116-111
- Warriors Beat Wolves and Earn Fifth Straight Win, 108-95
- Warriors Acquire Jacob Evans IIi
- Warriors Earn Largest Win in Franchise History with 39-Point Victory over Clippers