Warriors Serve Knicks First Loss of the Season
REUNION, FL - February 13, 2021 - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, fell to the Santa Cruz Warriors, 124-116, Saturday evening, at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort. Santa Cruz snaps a two-game win streak for Westchester.
Affiliate player, Myles Powell, led the Knicks in scoring for the second consecutive night pouring in 24 points on 40-percent coupled with a team-high seven dimes. Powell also came up with four thefts and six rebounds.
Returning rights player, Tyler Hall, followed up his game-high distance shooting display from two days ago (5-for-11) with a team-high six treys made on 60-percent, and registered 21 points. Hall also amassed the most amount of playing time (41:57) while committing just one turnover.
Returning rights player, Simi Shittu, corralled another double-double comprised of 20 points and 12 rebounds, which tied a game-high. The affiliate duo of James Young and Skal Labissiere added 16 and 15 points, respectively.
For the visitors, Jeremy Lin reached 29 points on 75-percent shooting and swished a game-best seven triples and nine assists. Jordan Poole and Nico Mannion ended with 26 and 22 respective points and Dwayne Sutton (12) and Kaleb Wesson (11) contributed on the glass.
The Knicks (2-1) entered this back-and-forth affair following a Thursday victory against Greensboro where they led wire-to-wire. Today, the Warriors (1-2) and Knicks endured 25 lead changes and eight deadlocked scores. Amid the constant switches in leads, Santa Cruz saw its largest at eight while Westchester credited a six-point control.
The eighth knot of the game took place with 1:40 to go in the fourth quarter. The second of two Mannion free throws pulled the Warriors ahead by one but a Powell layup pushed the Knicks ahead once more. A pair of made threes seconds after on ensuing Warriors possessions ultimately put the game at bay.
Monday, February 15, the Knicks and Rio Grande Valley meet for an 11:30 AM ET matinee.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2021
- Warriors Beat Wolves and Earn Fifth Straight Win, 108-95 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Falter in Second Half, Lose to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Fort Wayne's Comeback Attempt Falls Short against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Porter Jr. Scores 28, Vipers Fall to Greensboro 109-115 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Brazdeikis Posts 31 Points and Knicks Knock off Magic, 123-113 - Westchester Knicks
- Spurs Toppled by Stars - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Acquire Jacob Evans IIi - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Elijah Hughes Leads Salt Lake City Stars Past Austin Spurs - Salt Lake City Stars
- NBA G League News & Notes: February 23 - G League
- Warriors Serve Knicks First Loss of the Season - Westchester Knicks
- "BBall Paul" Doing It All - Delaware Blue Coats
- Hustle Fall in Final Seconds Following Game-Winning Shot from Raptors 905 - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.