NBA G League News & Notes: February 23
February 23, 2021 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
MIGHTY MOSES: Oklahoma City Thunder two-way player Moses Brown (left) was named the NBA G League Player of the Week for his performance with the Oklahoma City Blue in games played Monday, Feb. 15 through Sunday, Feb. 21. Highlighted by a 24-point, 20-rebound effort against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants on Feb. 16, the 7-2 center averaged 19.8 points and 15.0 rebounds to lead the Blue to a 4-0 re- cord in Week 2. Before he played college basketball at UCLA, Brown formed one of the top high school duos in the country with Orlando Magic guard Cole Anthony, according to SLAM Magazine.
WINNING FOR WILMINGTON: The Delaware Blue Coats entered Week 3 with a 7-0 record. Guard Jared Brownridge (15.4 PPG) has joined Philadelphia 76ers two-way player Paul Reed (21.5 PPG, 11.9 RPG) in fueling the Blue Coats' success. In addition to his prolific three-point shooting, Brownridge hosts a YouTube show called "JB & Co.," where he has inter- viewed guests such as Brooklyn Nets head coach Steve Nash and soccer legend Brandi Chastain.
EXPERIENCED ERIE: The Erie BayHawks won six of seven games through Week 2. The team is led by Washington Wizards flex assignment player Jordan Bell (17.6 PPG, 9.3 RPG,) and NBA G League veteran Jarrod Uthoff (15.6 PPG, 7.3 RPG).
On the morning of Thursday, Feb. 18, Toronto Raptors two-way player Malachi Flynn began his day in Orlando and tallied 16 points, four rebounds and five assists for Raptors 905 in a 117-92 victory over the Salt Lake City Stars.
After the game, Flynn was recalled by the NBA's Raptors for that evening's game at the Milwaukee Bucks. Flynn played five minutes in that game, becoming the first player this season to play in an NBA G League and an NBA game on the same day.
TOP PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 2
On Feb. 15, Houston Rockets assignee Kevin Porter Jr. paced the Rio Grande Valley Vipers with 32 points, seven rebounds, nine assists and two steals in a 135-117 win over the Westchester Knicks.
Canton Charge guard-forward Sir'Dominic Pointer contributed 29 points, seven rebounds, three as- sists and four blocks in a 109-89 victory over the previously undefeated Austin Spurs on Feb. 16.
Brooklyn Nets two-way player Reggie Perry posted 25 points, 11 rebounds and five assists to lead the Long Island Nets past the Westchester Knicks 123- 115 on Feb. 17.
Philadelphia 76ers two-way player Paul Reed registered 27 points, 15 rebounds, five assists and two steals as the Delaware Blue Coats defeated the Iowa Wolves 133-111 on Feb. 17.
Golden State Warriors assignee Jordan Poole re- corded 37 points, five rebounds and four assists for the Santa Cruz Warriors in a 113-109 victory over the Fort Wayne Mad Ants on Feb. 18.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2021
- Warriors Beat Wolves and Earn Fifth Straight Win, 108-95 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Falter in Second Half, Lose to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Fort Wayne's Comeback Attempt Falls Short against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Porter Jr. Scores 28, Vipers Fall to Greensboro 109-115 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Brazdeikis Posts 31 Points and Knicks Knock off Magic, 123-113 - Westchester Knicks
- Spurs Toppled by Stars - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Acquire Jacob Evans IIi - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Elijah Hughes Leads Salt Lake City Stars Past Austin Spurs - Salt Lake City Stars
- NBA G League News & Notes: February 23 - G League
- Warriors Serve Knicks First Loss of the Season - Westchester Knicks
- "BBall Paul" Doing It All - Delaware Blue Coats
- Hustle Fall in Final Seconds Following Game-Winning Shot from Raptors 905 - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.