Brazdeikis Posts 31 Points and Knicks Knock off Magic, 123-113
REUNION, FL - Ignas Brazdeikis of the Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, went off for a game-high 31 points and the Knicks led from start to finish in a 123-113 victory over the Lakeland Magic Tuesday afternoon at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort. Westchester (5-4) is now 2-0 in its last two and 3-1 in its last four.
On assignment via New York, Brazdeikis also amassed a game-best 13 rebounds for his fourth double-double this season and three assists. He shot 55.6-percent from the field and had a perfect 5-for-5 showing at the stripe. Brazdeikis also drained a pair of triples.
Two-Way player, Jared Harper, followed up two consecutive 19-point games with 20 points today and tied a game-high eight helpers. Returning player, Tyler Hall, and affiliate player, Myles Powell, each pitched in 15 points. Hall's scoring primarily came from behind the arc (4-for-7) while Powell's was accompanied by three boards and two assists.
Andrew Rowsey credited 24 points for Lakeland (4-4) off the bench to go along with seven rebounds and a team-high two three-pointers. Robert Franks added 17 points, six rebounds and dished a pair of assists.
After succumbing to three-point clips considerably lower than its average for the past two games (29.5% vs. AUS and 23.3% vs. CAN), Westchester shot 37.1-percent from outside today (13-for-35). Lakeland went 10-for-36 (27.8%).
Westchester is now 5-0 when two or more players post double-doubles. Along with Brazdeikis, affiliate player, Louis King also nabbed a double-double of 11 points and 10 rebounds.
Six regular season games remain for Westchester. Salt Lake City gets a shot at the Knicks on Thursday, February 25 at 7:30 PM ET.
Ignas Brazdeikis Posts a Game-High 31 Points in Knicks Victory - https://youtu.be/M4BdA9vVX78
Jared Harper Adds 20 PTS and 8 ASTS in Westchester Win - https://youtu.be/I9NiSFcCHG4
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2021
- Warriors Beat Wolves and Earn Fifth Straight Win, 108-95 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Falter in Second Half, Lose to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Fort Wayne's Comeback Attempt Falls Short against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Porter Jr. Scores 28, Vipers Fall to Greensboro 109-115 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Brazdeikis Posts 31 Points and Knicks Knock off Magic, 123-113 - Westchester Knicks
- Spurs Toppled by Stars - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Acquire Jacob Evans IIi - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Elijah Hughes Leads Salt Lake City Stars Past Austin Spurs - Salt Lake City Stars
- NBA G League News & Notes: February 23 - G League
- Warriors Serve Knicks First Loss of the Season - Westchester Knicks
- "BBall Paul" Doing It All - Delaware Blue Coats
- Hustle Fall in Final Seconds Following Game-Winning Shot from Raptors 905 - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Jared Harper Named to 2021 All-NBA G League First Team
- Knicks End Season on High Note Beating League-Leading Erie, 130-124
- Valiant Effort Down the Stretch by Knicks But Clippers Prevail
- Knicks Acquire Quinton Rose from Available Player Pool
- Knicks Make Things Interesting in Waning Time But Fall by Six