Warriors Beat Wolves and Earn Fifth Straight Win, 108-95
ORLANDO, FL - The Santa Cruz Warriors (6-3) beat the Iowa Wolves (0-9) Tuesday night, 108-95, to earn their fifth straight victory. Golden State Warriors assignment guard Jordan Poole tallied his first double-double of the season with 29 points and 13 rebounds in the win.
Iowa led for the duration of the first half, with Wolves guard Charlie Brown Jr. scoring 18 points of his 21 points in the half to give the Wolves a five-point advantage into the break. The Warriors took their first lead with 8:43 remaining in the third quarter, the first of 11 second-half lead changes.
With a 92-91 advantage in the fourth quarter, the Warriors went on a 12-0 run to help secure the victory. Poole scored 19 of his points in the second half to lead the Warriors to the second-half comeback win.
Warriors forward Axel Toupane finished with 14 points, seven rebounds and five assists, while guard Dusty Hannahs went 3-for-5 from deep and finished the night with 15 points. Mavericks flex-assigned forward Nate Hinton contributed 11 points and 12 rebounds off the bench, his first double-double of the season.
Brown Jr. (21 points), center Tyler Cook (22), and Lindell Wigginton (24) combined for 67 of the Wolves' 95 points.
Santa Cruz will next face the Memphis Hustle on February 25 at 12:00 p.m. (PST) on ESPN2. For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2021
- Warriors Beat Wolves and Earn Fifth Straight Win, 108-95 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Falter in Second Half, Lose to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Fort Wayne's Comeback Attempt Falls Short against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Porter Jr. Scores 28, Vipers Fall to Greensboro 109-115 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Brazdeikis Posts 31 Points and Knicks Knock off Magic, 123-113 - Westchester Knicks
- Spurs Toppled by Stars - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Acquire Jacob Evans IIi - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Elijah Hughes Leads Salt Lake City Stars Past Austin Spurs - Salt Lake City Stars
- NBA G League News & Notes: February 23 - G League
- Warriors Serve Knicks First Loss of the Season - Westchester Knicks
- "BBall Paul" Doing It All - Delaware Blue Coats
- Hustle Fall in Final Seconds Following Game-Winning Shot from Raptors 905 - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Jordan Poole Named to All-NBA G League Third Team
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Vaccination Site
- Axel Toupane Signs Two-Way Contract with Milwaukee Bucks
- Warriors, Kaiser Permanente and the Athletes' Corner Donate 50,280 Meals to Second Harvest Food Bank Santa Cruz County
- Warriors Season Ends with Loss to Magic, 108-96