Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Braian Angola-Rodas and 2020 NBA G League First Round Draft Pick in Trade with Magic
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves announced today the team has acquired the returning player rights to Braian Angola-Rodas and a 2020 NBA G League first round draft pick from the Lakeland Magic in exchange for the returning player rights to Amile Jefferson.
Angola-Rodas (6-6, 195) appeared in 38 games for the Magic during the 2018-19 season, averaging 9.8 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game. A native of Villanueva, Columbia, Angola-Rodas attended North Idaho College for two seasons and was named a first team NJCAA Division I All-American as a sophomore in 2016. Angola-Rodas finished his college career at Florida State University, where he was a member of two NCAA Tournament teams and helped the Seminoles to a 49-21 (.700) record during his career. The guard is a current member of KK Partizan in Serbia.
Jefferson (6-9, 222) played in 47 games for the Iowa Wolves during the 2017-18 season, averaging 17.8 points, 12.9 rebounds and 2.6 assists while shooting 62.5% from the field. The former Duke Blue Devil earned All-NBA G League Second Team honors as a rookie with the Wolves.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2020
- Peters Shatters Franchise Record in Knicks Win over Swarm - Westchester Knicks
- Hartenstein's 27-Point Performance Not Enough as Vipers Fall to Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Spurs to Host Women's History Night on March 3 - Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake Gets Revenge in Rematch over Stockton, 128-99 - Stockton Kings
- Stars Bounce Back with Wire-To-Wire Victory at Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Drive Set to Host Ben Wallace Bobblehead Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Acquire Returning Player Rights to Amile Jefferson in Trade with Wolves - Lakeland Magic
- Pelicans Assign Nickeil Alexander-Walker to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Braian Angola-Rodas and 2020 NBA G League First Round Draft Pick in Trade with Magic - Iowa Wolves
- How Paul Watson Learned to Thrive on Patience - Raptors 905
- Long Island Nets and Pink Tie Will Donate $25,000 to Seven Local Non-Profit Organizations - Long Island Nets
- College Park Skyhawks Take Team to Visit Turner - College Park Skyhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Select Allonzo Trier, Dakarai Tucker in 2021 NBA G League Draft
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights of Tyler Cook and Oklahoma City Blue's 2020-2021 First Round Pick
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision for 2021 Season
- Timberwolves Sign Tyler Cook
- Timberwolves Sign Ashton Hagans to Two-Way Contract