Drive Set to Host Ben Wallace Bobblehead Night
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - The Grand Rapids Drive, the Official NBA G League Affiliate of the Detroit Pistons, are preparing to once again host Ben Wallace Bobblehead Night this Saturday, February 29th at DeltaPlex Arena when they host the Lakeland Magic.
The night will be dedicated to Pistons legend and Drive co-owner, Ben Wallace, as the first 1,000 fans in the doors will receive a custom Ben Wallace bobblehead presented by Lacks Enterprises, Inc. This season's bobblehead theme is "Going to Work" and will feature Ben in a suit with a briefcase as he continues his second act in life following his impressive NBA career.
The Drive players will wear custom Ben Wallace-inspired jerseys also presented by Lacks. Fans will have the opportunity to bid on their favorite player's game-worn jersey throughout the night with the highest bidders getting the signed jersey post-game. All proceeds of the night's jersey auction will go to benefit Wedgwood Christian Services.
For the past six years, Lacks Enterprises, Inc. has proudly sponsored a game with the Grand Rapids Drive, while highlighting a local non-profit. The last three years, the non-profit of choice has been Wedgwood Christian Services, who is close to the hearts of both Lacks and their employees.
"We have loved sharing the experience of the basketball game with the kids, partnering with the Grand Rapids Drive and their players to come to the campus. The players have the time to talk with the kids, sharing like experiences and the expressing the important role that a good mentor, God and Christ have made in their lives, and then getting to play a little ball in the rec center." - Jenn Groendyke, Public Relations Manager, Lacks Enterprises, Inc.
Tickets for Saturday's game start at $5 and can be purchased online at www.drivetix.com/saturdays or by calling a team representative at 844-GR-DRIVE. The game tips off at 7 P.M. with doors opening to fans at 5:45 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2020
- Peters Shatters Franchise Record in Knicks Win over Swarm - Westchester Knicks
- Hartenstein's 27-Point Performance Not Enough as Vipers Fall to Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Spurs to Host Women's History Night on March 3 - Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake Gets Revenge in Rematch over Stockton, 128-99 - Stockton Kings
- Stars Bounce Back with Wire-To-Wire Victory at Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Drive Set to Host Ben Wallace Bobblehead Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Acquire Returning Player Rights to Amile Jefferson in Trade with Wolves - Lakeland Magic
- Pelicans Assign Nickeil Alexander-Walker to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Braian Angola-Rodas and 2020 NBA G League First Round Draft Pick in Trade with Magic - Iowa Wolves
- How Paul Watson Learned to Thrive on Patience - Raptors 905
- Long Island Nets and Pink Tie Will Donate $25,000 to Seven Local Non-Profit Organizations - Long Island Nets
- College Park Skyhawks Take Team to Visit Turner - College Park Skyhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Drive Stories
- Grand Rapids Drive Opt out of 2020-21 NBA G League Season
- Hall and Hollins Earn All-NBA G League Honors
- Drive, Griffins, Whitecaps and WMSC Unite as "One Team for West Michigan"
- Drive Set to Donate to Local Organizations
- Drive Statement on NBA G League Suspension