Austin Spurs to Host Women's History Night on March 3
AUSTIN, Texas - The Austin Spurs, presented by SWBC, today announced that the team will host Women's History Night in honor of Women's History Month on Tuesday, March 3 at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park when the Spurs take on the Texas Legends at 7:30 p.m.
Prior to the game, there will be a panel discussion on empowering girls and women through sports featuring several female executives from Spurs Sports & Entertainment: Jeanne Garza, Vice President of Marketing Partnerships & Broadcast; Shermeka Hudson, Corporate Relations Manager; Becky Kimbro, Vice President of Strategic Brand Engagement; Laura Perez, Brand Engagement Associate Project Manager; Lori Warren, Executive Vice President of Corporate Finance & Strategy; and Laura Dixon, Director of External Affairs (moderator). The panel discussion is free to attend with a game ticket. It will start at 5:30 p.m., and doors will open at 5:15 p.m.
During the game, the team will highlight prominent figures in women's history.
Recognizing the role sports can play in developing and advancing women as leaders, the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League and NBA 2K League are supporting the national dialogue on women's empowerment. Through leaguewide efforts that celebrate the accomplishments of women in sports and amplify the voices of fans, players and employees, the leagues are calling for all women and girls to be treated with dignity and respect.
Women's History Month had its origins as a national celebration in 1981 when Congress passed Pub. L. 97-28. It authorized and requested the President to proclaim the week beginning March 7, 1982 as "Women's History Week." Between 1988 and 1994, Congress passed additional resolutions requesting and authorizing the President to proclaim March of each year as Women's History Month. Every president since 1995 has issued a series of annual proclamations designating the month of March as "Women's History Month." For tickets or more information, visit austinspurs.com or call (512) 236-8333.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2020
- Peters Shatters Franchise Record in Knicks Win over Swarm - Westchester Knicks
- Hartenstein's 27-Point Performance Not Enough as Vipers Fall to Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Spurs to Host Women's History Night on March 3 - Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake Gets Revenge in Rematch over Stockton, 128-99 - Stockton Kings
- Stars Bounce Back with Wire-To-Wire Victory at Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Drive Set to Host Ben Wallace Bobblehead Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Acquire Returning Player Rights to Amile Jefferson in Trade with Wolves - Lakeland Magic
- Pelicans Assign Nickeil Alexander-Walker to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Braian Angola-Rodas and 2020 NBA G League First Round Draft Pick in Trade with Magic - Iowa Wolves
- How Paul Watson Learned to Thrive on Patience - Raptors 905
- Long Island Nets and Pink Tie Will Donate $25,000 to Seven Local Non-Profit Organizations - Long Island Nets
- College Park Skyhawks Take Team to Visit Turner - College Park Skyhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Austin Spurs Select Jonathan Kasibabu, Anthony Mathis and Kaleb Johnson in 2021 NBA G League Draft
- Statement from San Antonio Spurs General Manager Brian Wright
- Spurs Announce Basketball Operations Staff Additions & Promotions
- Austin Spurs Head Coach Matthew Nielsen Appointed as Australian Boomers Head Assistant Coach
- Spurs Announce 2020-21 Training Camp Roster