Long Island Nets and Pink Tie Will Donate $25,000 to Seven Local Non-Profit Organizations
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets and Pink Tie will donate $25,000 to seven local non-profit organizations beginning this Thursday, Feb. 27, through Friday, Mar. 27. Together, the Nets and Pink Tie will recognize one organization with an on-court ceremony and donation at each of the Nets' seven remaining home games at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds from every ticket sold to the Nets' next seven home games will be donated to the selected charities.
On Thursday, Feb. 27, the Nets and Pink Tie will tip off the donation campaign by recognizing the Family and Children's Association (FCA). FCA is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to providing help and hope to Long Island's most vulnerable children, families, seniors and communities.
"The Long Island Nets are excited to partner with Pink Tie and help elevate their mission to benefit local organizations in Long Island," said Alton Byrd, Vice President of Business Operations for the Long Island Nets. "We feel it is essential to support and work with groups like Pink Tie that have a distinct focus on impacting and improving communities right in our backyard, because together we can make a huge difference."
"We are excited to join forces with the Long Island Nets to further support local charities as well as raise funds for worthy causes that directly impact and better our Long Island community," said Mike Cave, Founder of Pink Tie.
Pink Tie was established in 2015 after founders Mike and Rich Cave lost their aunt to breast cancer. The organization aims to bring community, philanthropy and business together, and has supported the Long Island community by benefitting local organizations with a focus on research, education and cures to diseases such as breast cancer and pediatric cancer. To date, Pink Tie has raised over $1 million for local philanthropic causes and supported over 100 charities on Long Island.
Individual tickets for Long Island Nets games at NYCB LIVE are on sale now and can be purchased at longislandnets.com, Ticketmaster.com, nycblive.com or at the Ticketmaster Box Office at the Coliseum. Partial season ticket memberships, group tickets and fan experience packages are also available and can be purchased by calling 844.LINETS.1 or by contacting email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2020
- Peters Shatters Franchise Record in Knicks Win over Swarm - Westchester Knicks
- Hartenstein's 27-Point Performance Not Enough as Vipers Fall to Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Spurs to Host Women's History Night on March 3 - Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake Gets Revenge in Rematch over Stockton, 128-99 - Stockton Kings
- Stars Bounce Back with Wire-To-Wire Victory at Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Drive Set to Host Ben Wallace Bobblehead Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Acquire Returning Player Rights to Amile Jefferson in Trade with Wolves - Lakeland Magic
- Pelicans Assign Nickeil Alexander-Walker to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Braian Angola-Rodas and 2020 NBA G League First Round Draft Pick in Trade with Magic - Iowa Wolves
- How Paul Watson Learned to Thrive on Patience - Raptors 905
- Long Island Nets and Pink Tie Will Donate $25,000 to Seven Local Non-Profit Organizations - Long Island Nets
- College Park Skyhawks Take Team to Visit Turner - College Park Skyhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Nets Announce 2021 Roster
- Long Island Nets Announce Coaching Staff and Basketball Operations Additions
- Long Island Nets to Play in 2021 NBA G League Season in Orlando
- Long Island Nets Name Bret Brielmaier Head Coach
- Justin Anderson Named to All-NBA G League Third Team