Stars Bounce Back with Wire-To-Wire Victory at Kings
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Salt Lake City Stars defeated the Stockton Kings 128-99 in a Wednesday matinee at Stockton Arena. With the win, the club earned its third wire-to-wire victory of the season.
The Stars were led by Utah Jazz two-way player Jarrell Brantley, who posted a game-high 24 points on 10-of-14 (.714) shooting to go with nine rebounds. Miye Oni, currently on assignment from the Jazz, recorded his third double-double of the season with 17 points and a game-high 11 rebounds. Trevon Bluiett and Mike Scott each added 16 points off the bench for the Stars.
The Kings were paced by Cody Demps, who scored 23 points on 8-of-11 (.727) from the floor. Sacramento Kings two-way player Kyle Guy tallied 20 points and a game-high seven assists, while Kings assignee Eric Mika filled the stat sheet with 16 points, eight rebounds, four assists and three blocks.
Salt Lake City jumped out on an 11-4 run to open the game and took a four-point advantage (28-24) after the opening period. The Stars expanded their lead through the second quarter and carried a 12-point advantage (60-48) into intermission. Stockton came within single digits (72-64) with 3:28 left to play in the third quarter, but Salt Lake City closed the period on a 15-6 run and pushed the lead to 17 points (87-70) heading into the final frame. The Stars outscored the Kings 41-29 in the final frame and pulled away with the 29-point victory.
The Stars will continue their four-game road swing with a contest against the Western Conference-leading Memphis Hustle (Memphis Grizzlies affiliate) on Friday, Feb. 28. The game, which tips off at 6 p.m. (MT) will be streamed live on NBAGLeague.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2020
- Peters Shatters Franchise Record in Knicks Win over Swarm - Westchester Knicks
- Hartenstein's 27-Point Performance Not Enough as Vipers Fall to Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Spurs to Host Women's History Night on March 3 - Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake Gets Revenge in Rematch over Stockton, 128-99 - Stockton Kings
- Stars Bounce Back with Wire-To-Wire Victory at Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Drive Set to Host Ben Wallace Bobblehead Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Acquire Returning Player Rights to Amile Jefferson in Trade with Wolves - Lakeland Magic
- Pelicans Assign Nickeil Alexander-Walker to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Braian Angola-Rodas and 2020 NBA G League First Round Draft Pick in Trade with Magic - Iowa Wolves
- How Paul Watson Learned to Thrive on Patience - Raptors 905
- Long Island Nets and Pink Tie Will Donate $25,000 to Seven Local Non-Profit Organizations - Long Island Nets
- College Park Skyhawks Take Team to Visit Turner - College Park Skyhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Stars Announce 2021 Roster
- Stars to Participate in NBA G League Single-Site Campus
- Stars Name Nathan Peavy Head Coach
- Stars Earn NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for "Autism Awareness Night"
- Statements from the Utah Jazz and Salt Lake City Stars on the Departure of Martin Schiller