Salt Lake Gets Revenge in Rematch over Stockton, 128-99
Stockton, Calif. - The Stockton Kings (21-17), the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings, fell to the Salt Lake City Stars (25-12), the NBA G League of the Utah Jazz, 128-99, in a rematch from Monday night's game, when Stockton beat Salt Lake 140-110. Salt Lake forward Jarrell Brantley had a game-high 24 points.
Stockton struggled to score in the first quarter, shooting .463 percent from the field and .267 percent from three-point range. Salt Lake saw as much as a 16-point lead, with just under two minutes remaining in the first half. Salt Lake kept their lead at 60-48 over Stockton to go into the second half. Salt Lake dominated inside, scoring 36 of their 60 points from inside the paint and outrebounding Stockton 25-14.
Stockton guard Cody Demps scored 11 of his 23 points in the first half, shooting 4-of-6 from the field.
Stockton was able to cut Salt Lake's lead down to 10 points in the third quarter, but Salt Lake would only grow their lead going into the fourth quarter leading Stockton 87-70. In the fourth quarter, Salt Lake outscored Stockton 41-29, keeping a 20+ lead for most of the quarter.
Salt Lake saw seven players in double figures. Brantley led Salt Lake in scoring with 24 points and 9 rebounds, including seven from the defensive end. Forward Miye Oni finished with a double-double, scoring 17 points and 11 rebounds.
Stockton was led by Demps with 23 points. Guard Kyle Guy added 20 points, seven assists and two rebounds. Center Eric Mika finished with 16 points, eight rebounds and four assists.
Stockton is back home on Sunday, March 1, to host the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 2 p.m. The Kings will then head south for back-to-back games. On Tuesday, March 3, they will face the Agua Caliente Clippers at 7 p.m. On Wednesday, March 4, they will visit the South Bay Lakers for a 7 p.m. tip-off.
Tickets can be purchased at StocktonKings.com/Tickets.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2020
- Peters Shatters Franchise Record in Knicks Win over Swarm - Westchester Knicks
- Hartenstein's 27-Point Performance Not Enough as Vipers Fall to Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Spurs to Host Women's History Night on March 3 - Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake Gets Revenge in Rematch over Stockton, 128-99 - Stockton Kings
- Stars Bounce Back with Wire-To-Wire Victory at Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Drive Set to Host Ben Wallace Bobblehead Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Acquire Returning Player Rights to Amile Jefferson in Trade with Wolves - Lakeland Magic
- Pelicans Assign Nickeil Alexander-Walker to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Braian Angola-Rodas and 2020 NBA G League First Round Draft Pick in Trade with Magic - Iowa Wolves
- How Paul Watson Learned to Thrive on Patience - Raptors 905
- Long Island Nets and Pink Tie Will Donate $25,000 to Seven Local Non-Profit Organizations - Long Island Nets
- College Park Skyhawks Take Team to Visit Turner - College Park Skyhawks
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings to Host and Participate in Holiday Efforts to Benefit Local Students and Families
- Stockton Kings Reflect on Successes of 2019-20 Season Following NBA G League Canceling Remainder of Games Due to COVID-19
- In this Together: 209 Strong
- Sacramento Kings Issue Statement on NBA Suspending Season
- Stockton Kings Defeat South Bay Lakers, 126-118