Magic Acquire Returning Player Rights to Amile Jefferson in Trade with Wolves
The Lakeland Magic announced today the team has acquired the returning player rights to forward Amile Jefferson from the Iowa Wolves in exchange for a 2020 NBA G League first round pick (via Windy City Bulls) and the returning rights to Braian Angola-Rodas.
Jefferson (6'9", 222, 5/7/93) has played in 84 games in the NBA G League, averaging 18.1 ppg, 12.3 rpg, and 3 apg. This season Jefferson has appeared in three games with the Lakeland Magic, on assignment from the Orlando Magic, averaging 23.7 ppg, 13 rpg, and 1.3 bpg.
Not drafted by an NBA franchise, Jefferson was signed this season by the Orlando Magic, appearing in 18 NBA games before being waived by the team on February 6. He has been named to the 2017-18 All-NBA G League Second Team, the 2017-18 NBA G League All-Defensive Team, the 2017-18 All-Rookie Team and the 2018-19 All-NBA G League Third Team.
Jefferson appeared in 150 career games at Duke University from 2012-17, averaging 7.2 ppg and 6.3 rpg in 22.3 minpg, while shooting .620 (426-687) from the floor. His 150 games are the most played in Duke history and tied for the seventh most all-time in NCAA history. Jefferson helped the Blue Devils capture the 2015 NCAA National Championship. Duke went 124-26 when he played, giving him the third-most wins in program history. At the end of his career, Jefferson also ranked second on Duke's all-time list in field goal percentage, third in offensive rebounds (361), seventh in blocked shots (138) and 11th in rebounds (944).
The Lakeland Magic are on the road Thursday night, February 27 against the Maine Red Claws. Tip-off at the Portland Expo Building is set for 7:00 pm. The game will be available on ESPN+.
Lakeland Magic single-game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2020
- Peters Shatters Franchise Record in Knicks Win over Swarm - Westchester Knicks
- Hartenstein's 27-Point Performance Not Enough as Vipers Fall to Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Spurs to Host Women's History Night on March 3 - Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake Gets Revenge in Rematch over Stockton, 128-99 - Stockton Kings
- Stars Bounce Back with Wire-To-Wire Victory at Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Drive Set to Host Ben Wallace Bobblehead Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Acquire Returning Player Rights to Amile Jefferson in Trade with Wolves - Lakeland Magic
- Pelicans Assign Nickeil Alexander-Walker to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Braian Angola-Rodas and 2020 NBA G League First Round Draft Pick in Trade with Magic - Iowa Wolves
- How Paul Watson Learned to Thrive on Patience - Raptors 905
- Long Island Nets and Pink Tie Will Donate $25,000 to Seven Local Non-Profit Organizations - Long Island Nets
- College Park Skyhawks Take Team to Visit Turner - College Park Skyhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.