Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights of Tyler Cook and Oklahoma City Blue's 2020-2021 First Round Pick
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves, the NBA G League affiliate of the Minnesota Timberwolves, announced the team has acquired the returning player rights to forward Tyler Cook and the No. 17 overall pick in the 2020-2021 NBA G League Draft from the Oklahoma City Blue.
Cook (6-8, 255), totaled 23 points and 14 rebounds in 13 games last season with the Cleveland Cavaliers and Denver Nuggets. The 23-year-old signed a training camp contract with the Timberwolves on Dec. 2, 2020 before being waived on Dec. 19, 2020.
The former University of Iowa standout averaged 14.1 points and 6.7 rebounds in 93 games (92 starts). As a junior, he was named All-Big Ten Second Team by the media and All-Big Ten Third Team by the coaches.
In exchange, the Oklahoma City Blue will receive the returning player rights to forward James Webb III and the No. 7 overall pick in the 2020-2021 NBA G League Draft.
Webb III (6-9, 202), appeared in 29 games last season for the Wolves, averaging 13.8 points, 8.0 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2021
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights of Tyler Cook and Oklahoma City Blue's 2020-2021 First Round Pick - Iowa Wolves
- NBA G League 2020-21 Draft Scheduled for January 11 - G League
- Wizards and Go-Go to Flex-Assign Players to Erie BayHawks - Capital City Go-Go
- Raptors 905 to Participate in NBA G League Return to Play for 2021 Season. - Raptors 905
- Heat Statement on NBA G League Season - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Season Update - Stockton Kings
- Santa Cruz Warriors to Participate in 2020-21 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Westchester Knicks, NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - Westchester Knicks
- Stars to Participate in NBA G League Single-Site Campus - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue to Participate in Upcoming G League Season - Oklahoma City Blue
- NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - Lakeland Magic
- Statement from San Antonio Spurs General Manager Brian Wright - Austin Spurs
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision for 2021 Season - Iowa Wolves
- RGV Vipers to Participate in 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Lakers Statement on 2021 NBA G League Season - South Bay Lakers
- Canton Charge Statement on 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Canton Charge
- Long Island Nets to Play in 2021 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Long Island Nets
- Agua Caliente to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Delaware Blue Coats to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Grand Rapids Drive Opt out of 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Grand Rapids Drive
- NBA G League Season to Take Place at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort - Erie BayHawks
- NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.