Heat Statement on NBA G League Season
MIAMI, FL - The Miami HEAT have released the following statement on their NBA G League affiliate, the Sioux Falls Skyforce, not participating in the upcoming G League single-site season.
"After our run to the NBA Finals and with the quick turnaround to the 2020-21 season, we made the decision to not participate in the upcoming G League single-site restart," said HEAT Senior Vice President, Basketball Operations/General Manager Andy Elisburg. "We are very proud of the Sioux Falls Skyforce and our history in the G League and plan to resume play in Sioux Falls as soon as we are able to return."
"We are looking forward to playing Skyforce basketball back here in Sioux Falls as soon as possible," said Skyforce Owner/President Mike Heineman, "In the meantime, we will continue to support local basketball and youth in Sioux Falls and the greater South Dakota community as we prepare to return to have Skyforce basketball in the Pentagon."
The NBA G League will start the 2020-21 season in February at a single-site location near Orlando, Florida.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2021
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights of Tyler Cook and Oklahoma City Blue's 2020-2021 First Round Pick - Iowa Wolves
- NBA G League 2020-21 Draft Scheduled for January 11 - G League
- Wizards and Go-Go to Flex-Assign Players to Erie BayHawks - Capital City Go-Go
- Raptors 905 to Participate in NBA G League Return to Play for 2021 Season. - Raptors 905
- Heat Statement on NBA G League Season - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Season Update - Stockton Kings
- Santa Cruz Warriors to Participate in 2020-21 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Westchester Knicks, NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - Westchester Knicks
- Stars to Participate in NBA G League Single-Site Campus - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue to Participate in Upcoming G League Season - Oklahoma City Blue
- NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - Lakeland Magic
- Statement from San Antonio Spurs General Manager Brian Wright - Austin Spurs
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision for 2021 Season - Iowa Wolves
- RGV Vipers to Participate in 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Lakers Statement on 2021 NBA G League Season - South Bay Lakers
- Canton Charge Statement on 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Canton Charge
- Long Island Nets to Play in 2021 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Long Island Nets
- Agua Caliente to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Delaware Blue Coats to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Grand Rapids Drive Opt out of 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Grand Rapids Drive
- NBA G League Season to Take Place at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort - Erie BayHawks
- NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Heat Statement on NBA G League Season
- Miami Heat Two-Way Player Gabe Vincent Named NBA G League Most Improved Player
- Skyforce Releases Statements Regarding G League Cancellation
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory