Santa Cruz Warriors to Participate in 2020-21 NBA G League Season in Orlando
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The 2020-21 NBA G League season will take place at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida, the league announced today. The Santa Cruz Warriors, the NBA G League affiliate of the Golden State Warriors, will participate in the single-site. To view the NBA G League official press release, click HERE.
Eighteen teams, including 17 NBA G League teams and the G League Ignite, will play in the single-site, with the top eight teams advancing to a single-elimination playoff. Players, coaches, team and league staff living on the NBA G League's campus will be guided by comprehensive leaguewide health and safety protocols, which are based on the core principles of social distancing, mask wearing, hand hygiene and COVID-19 testing. The complete game and broadcast schedule will be announced at a later date.
"Our main priority has always been the health and safety of our players, staff members and community, and the G League's decision to minimize COVID-19 related health risks by centralizing in one location is a decision we support," said Santa Cruz Warriors President Chris Murphy. "We are excited to virtually cheer on our team for the 2020-21 season and look forward to seeing our team and players continue to develop their skills."
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, please visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2021
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights of Tyler Cook and Oklahoma City Blue's 2020-2021 First Round Pick - Iowa Wolves
- NBA G League 2020-21 Draft Scheduled for January 11 - G League
- Wizards and Go-Go to Flex-Assign Players to Erie BayHawks - Capital City Go-Go
- Raptors 905 to Participate in NBA G League Return to Play for 2021 Season. - Raptors 905
- Heat Statement on NBA G League Season - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Season Update - Stockton Kings
- Santa Cruz Warriors to Participate in 2020-21 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Westchester Knicks, NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - Westchester Knicks
- Stars to Participate in NBA G League Single-Site Campus - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue to Participate in Upcoming G League Season - Oklahoma City Blue
- NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - Lakeland Magic
- Statement from San Antonio Spurs General Manager Brian Wright - Austin Spurs
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision for 2021 Season - Iowa Wolves
- RGV Vipers to Participate in 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Lakers Statement on 2021 NBA G League Season - South Bay Lakers
- Canton Charge Statement on 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Canton Charge
- Long Island Nets to Play in 2021 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Long Island Nets
- Agua Caliente to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Delaware Blue Coats to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Grand Rapids Drive Opt out of 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Grand Rapids Drive
- NBA G League Season to Take Place at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort - Erie BayHawks
- NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Warriors Recall Jordan Poole and Transfer Nico Mannion to Golden State
- Warriors Beat Spurs 109-104 and Extend Win Streak to Eight
- Warriors Extend Win Streak to Seven Games with 108-88 Win over Nets
- Warriors Hold off Hustle and Extend Win Streak to Six, 116-111
- Warriors Beat Wolves and Earn Fifth Straight Win, 108-95