Agua Caliente to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season in Orlando
The NBA today announced the details for the 2021 NBA G League season. The Agua Caliente Clippers will be one of 18 G League teams to participate in a 2021 NBA G League regular season at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. The top eight teams will advance to a single-elimination playoff at the conclusion of the regular season. A start date and season schedule for Agua Caliente will be announced at a later date.
"While we continue working towards our ultimate goal of returning to market and playing in front of our fans when it's deemed safe to do so, we're excited to be taking part in the 2021 NBA G League season in Orlando," said Agua Caliente Clippers Team President Justin Kemp. "Not only will this give us the opportunity to continue developing top talent across the entire Clippers organization but it will also provide us a unique platform to deliver high level engagement with our fans and partners."
The Agua Caliente Clippers have been the official G League affiliate of the LA Clippers since the 2017-18 season. Led by LA Clippers rookies, Terance Mann and Mfiondu Kabengele, and two-way player Amir Coffey, Agua Caliente was 22-22 (.500) last season, finishing in third place in the Pacific Division.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2021
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights of Tyler Cook and Oklahoma City Blue's 2020-2021 First Round Pick - Iowa Wolves
- NBA G League 2020-21 Draft Scheduled for January 11 - G League
- Wizards and Go-Go to Flex-Assign Players to Erie BayHawks - Capital City Go-Go
- Raptors 905 to Participate in NBA G League Return to Play for 2021 Season. - Raptors 905
- Heat Statement on NBA G League Season - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Season Update - Stockton Kings
- Santa Cruz Warriors to Participate in 2020-21 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Westchester Knicks, NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - Westchester Knicks
- Stars to Participate in NBA G League Single-Site Campus - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue to Participate in Upcoming G League Season - Oklahoma City Blue
- NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - Lakeland Magic
- Statement from San Antonio Spurs General Manager Brian Wright - Austin Spurs
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision for 2021 Season - Iowa Wolves
- RGV Vipers to Participate in 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Lakers Statement on 2021 NBA G League Season - South Bay Lakers
- Canton Charge Statement on 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Canton Charge
- Long Island Nets to Play in 2021 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Long Island Nets
- Agua Caliente to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Delaware Blue Coats to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Grand Rapids Drive Opt out of 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Grand Rapids Drive
- NBA G League Season to Take Place at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort - Erie BayHawks
- NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.