South Bay Lakers Statement on 2021 NBA G League Season
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers announced today that they have opted out of the upcoming NBA G League's single-site season.
While we appreciate the G League's efforts in putting together this model to accommodate all member teams, we have determined this is the best course of action for the Lakers organization.
We look forward to our eventual return to G League basketball. In the meantime, we will continue to assign opportunities to our staff as they become available.
We encourage you to visit sblakers.com and our South Bay Lakers social channels for the latest news, updates and interactive features to stay connected to the game, along with guidelines on how to keep yourself and your family safe and healthy.
Thank you for your loyalty and patience during these unprecedented times. We are grateful for your understanding and for being the best fans in sports.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2021
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights of Tyler Cook and Oklahoma City Blue's 2020-2021 First Round Pick - Iowa Wolves
- NBA G League 2020-21 Draft Scheduled for January 11 - G League
- Wizards and Go-Go to Flex-Assign Players to Erie BayHawks - Capital City Go-Go
- Raptors 905 to Participate in NBA G League Return to Play for 2021 Season. - Raptors 905
- Heat Statement on NBA G League Season - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Season Update - Stockton Kings
- Santa Cruz Warriors to Participate in 2020-21 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Westchester Knicks, NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - Westchester Knicks
- Stars to Participate in NBA G League Single-Site Campus - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue to Participate in Upcoming G League Season - Oklahoma City Blue
- NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - Lakeland Magic
- Statement from San Antonio Spurs General Manager Brian Wright - Austin Spurs
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws - Maine Celtics
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision for 2021 Season - Iowa Wolves
- RGV Vipers to Participate in 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Lakers Statement on 2021 NBA G League Season - South Bay Lakers
- Canton Charge Statement on 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Cleveland Charge
- Long Island Nets to Play in 2021 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Long Island Nets
- Agua Caliente to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season in Orlando - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Delaware Blue Coats to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Grand Rapids Drive Opt out of 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Grand Rapids Drive
- NBA G League Season to Take Place at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort - Erie BayHawks
- NBA G League to Begin Play at Disney in February - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.