Wings Drop Fifth Straight Saturday
The Red Wings built a 3-0 lead but couldn't hang on as the Durham Bulls rallied for a 4-3 win Saturday night at Durham Bulls Athletic Park
The loss is the Wings (14-24) fifth straight.
Jake Cave put the Red Wings on the board first with an RBI single in the third. Rochester tacked on two more runs in the fifth on RBI from Randy Cesar and Luke Raley. However, the Wings would have just three more baserunners the rest of the way.
Lewis Thorpe allowed just one run with eight strikeouts over five inning and left with the lead, but, the bullpen couldn't hold it.
Ryan Eades allowed a solo home run in both the sixth and seventh innings as Durham tied the game.
The Bulls would push across the game-winning run on a bases loaded walk by Fernando Romero in the eighth.
Raley and Tomas Telis each collected multi-hit games for Rochester.
The Wings and Bulls wrap up the three-game weekend set on Sunday night at 5:05 pm
WINGS THINGS: Drew Maggi's 22-game on base streak came to an end with an 0-for-4.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 18, 2019
- Wings Drop Fifth Straight Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Knights Fall to IronPigs 10-8 on Saturday - Charlotte Knights
- Davis, Tribe Offense Wash Away Tides on Prospects Night - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers Win Eighth Straight, Top Pawtucket 5-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- IronPigs homer their way to win in Charlotte - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Durham Downs Rochester in Comeback Fashion - Durham Bulls
- Stripers Stymie PawSox Bats in Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Cameron, Castro Hit RBI Triples in Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- RailRiders Rally to Beat Toledo - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mets Blast Past Clippers, 7-2 - Syracuse Mets
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (21-17) vs. Norfolk Tides (19-20) - Indianapolis Indians
- Longhi Hits Two Home Runs in 4-3 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (17-24) at Buffalo Bisons (15-22) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Notes - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Louisville (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Bulls Slug Their Way Past Wings, 9-5, Friday - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.