Will Smith Traded to Utah Grizzlies
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that they have traded forward Will Smith to the Utah Grizzlies in exchange for future considerations.
Smith, 22, skated in eight games for Adirondack, finishing with nine penalty minutes and a minus-six rating.
Smith played five games for the Indy Fuel last season and was with the SPHL's Peoria Rivermen before he signed with Adirondack. With Peoria, the East Longmeadow, MA native collected 53 points (23g-30a) from 62 games played over parts of the past two seasons.
Prior to skating professionally, Smith played four seasons of amateur hockey - three for the Moncton Wildcats of the QMJHL and an additional season with the USHL's Muskegon Lumberjacks. In total, the 22-year-old forward recorded 97 points (44g-53a) in 250 regular-season games during his juniors career.
The Thunder hit the road to finish their seven-game road trip this weekend. Adirondack travels to Fort Wayne to play the Komets on Friday night, then to Kalamazoo for a Saturday evening affair before finishing the three-in-three set in Cincinnati on Sunday afternoon. For the latest Thunder news, follow the team on Facebook and Twitter @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 14, 2019
- Blaney Nets OT Winner as K-Wings Top Komets on Pink Ice - Kalamazoo Wings
- Growlers Score 8 to Win in Georgia - Newfoundland Growlers
- Historic Point Streak Comes to an End with Home Loss to Newfoundland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Joseph Mizzi Signs with Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - February 14 - ECHL
- IceMen Back on Track with Win over Monarchs - Jacksonville IceMen
- Will Smith Traded to Utah Grizzlies - Adirondack Thunder
- Melanson, Pratt Headed to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Collins Returns to Kalamazoo Prior to Pink Ice - Kalamazoo Wings
- Leading Scorer MacDonald Returns to Royals; Komm Recalled to LV - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Central Division Face off Highlights Pink Ice Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Close Game in 3-2 Overtime Win over Rush - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Offense Shines in 5-2 Triumph over Solar Bears - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.