Wichita Pitchers Get the Best of Kansas City
WICHITA, Kan. - The good news for the Kansas City T-Bones is that two pitchers held Wichita to one run. The bad news is that five Wingnuts pitchers held Kansas City scoreless in a 1-0 win on Thursday night at Lawrence Dumont Stadium.
Wichita's only run came in the bottom of the first inning on an RBI double from John Rodriguez off T-Bones starter Lucas Irvine that scored Jake Kahaulelio.
Besides the run in the first, Irvine (2-4) gave up seven hits, struck out seven and didn't walk any in seven innings. Sean Toler pitched one inning in relief.
Kansas City's best scoring chance came in the sixth inning with runners on first and second with no outs, but Kyle Nichols, Petey Paramore and Jairo Perez went down in order.
Rookie Ryan Scols (1-0) went five innings for Wichita and won his professional debut. Wichita used four other pitchers during the contest, including Josh Dew, who got his ninth save of the season. The five Wingnut pitchers held Kansas City to only two hits.
The T-Bones (19-34) return home Friday night to start a five-game homestand, with the first two games against Wichita. First pitch is set for 7:05. Tickets for the game are available by calling the Providence Medical Center Box Office at Community America Ballpark at 913-328-5618 or tbonesbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 11, 2013
- Wichita Pitchers Get the Best of Kansas City - Kansas City T-Bones
- Ronick Dominates Fargo - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Burns Nails as Saltdogs Come Back Late - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Hamburger Sizzles as Saints Take Game one Over AirHogs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Moore Throws Three-Hitter to Beat Sioux City - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Hamburger Returns to Texas and Throws Complete Game Six-Hit Shutout as Saints Win 2-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Losing Skid Reaches Season-High Five Games - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 11th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs get ready for July 11-14 series against the St. Paul Saints at QuikTrip Park - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Announce Upcoming Promotions - Laredo Lemurs
- Sioux Falls Downs Explorers 6-3 - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.