Sioux Falls Downs Explorers 6-3
Sioux Falls, SD - Sioux Falls scored two runs in the seventh inning and snapped a 3-3 tie to defeat the Explorers 6-3 here Wednesday in the first game of a four-game series.
The Explorers had tied the game at 3-3 scoring an unearned run in the top of the seventh inning on an error by the Canaries left fielder J.P. Ramirez that allowed Adrian Martinez to score. Martinez started the inning with a base hit, his third hit of the game.
It didn't take long for Sioux Falls to retake the lead in the bottom of the seventh. After one out, losing pitcher Richard Salazar gave up four consecutive hits and the Canaries scored twice to take a 5-3 lead. Sioux Falls added an unearned run in the eighth inning to finish with a 6-3 victory over the Explorers.
The Explorers had 11 hits in the contest with Martinez and Luke Murton leading the way with three hits each. Yuske Inoguchi had two hits as he extended his hitting streak to nine games.
With the win, Sioux Falls evened the I-29 season series at four games each with the second game of the series at Sioux Falls Stadium Thursday starting at 7:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 11, 2013
- Wichita Pitchers Get the Best of Kansas City - Kansas City T-Bones
- Ronick Dominates Fargo - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Burns Nails as Saltdogs Come Back Late - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Hamburger Sizzles as Saints Take Game one Over AirHogs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Moore Throws Three-Hitter to Beat Sioux City - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Hamburger Returns to Texas and Throws Complete Game Six-Hit Shutout as Saints Win 2-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Losing Skid Reaches Season-High Five Games - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 11th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs get ready for July 11-14 series against the St. Paul Saints at QuikTrip Park - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Announce Upcoming Promotions - Laredo Lemurs
- Sioux Falls Downs Explorers 6-3 - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.