Whitecaps FC Live Skills Clinics Welcome Clubs Across Canada and Abroad
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC are welcoming clubs from across Canada and abroad to daily #StayHome Live Skills Clinics presented by Canadian Tire Jumpstart.
Monday to Friday at 2 p.m. PST. For more information go to whitecapsfc.com/skillsclinic.
"Our club is inclusive. In Vancouver, across Canada, and globally," said Mark Pannes, Whitecaps FC chief executive officer. "No matter the distance, language, or culture, we all share a love for the game."
Monday's live skills clinic will include New Zealand's Waterside Karori AFC.
"Our Waterside Karori AFC players are extremely excited to be involved with the Vancouver Whitecaps FC Skills Clinic," said Sam Morrissey, Waterside Karori AFC director of junior football. "It's fantastic that Whitecaps FC are opening up their service and collaborating with other clubs worldwide. From us here in New Zealand, we would like to thank the club for the invitation and opportunity to be involved. We look forward to a great session!"
On average, more than 300 young players have joined in live to participate in the daily training, while thousands of others have watched and joined live or on replay through YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
"First of all, we are thrilled to welcome Waterside Karori AFC and other clubs worldwide," added Axel Schuster, Whitecaps FC sporting director. "There is a tremendous diversity within our team and our club. We are a global village, and we want to invite any club from anywhere in the world to connect with us and join with us in growing this sport and building stronger communities together."
Other clubs to have participated have come from throughout British Columbia, including the Bays United from Victoria, the Burnaby District Youth Soccer Association, BC Tigers, Coastal FC, Coquitlam Metro-Ford SC, North Vancouver FC, Kelowna United FC, Kamloops Youth Soccer Association, and Special Olympics side Quesnel FC. Clubs across Canada have joined from as far as Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Newfoundland & Labrador.
"The first time I witnessed the #StayHome Live Skills Clinic, I thought it was a great initiative and a great way to keep our young athletes active and engaged in soccer during this difficult time," added Samuel Gyeke-Amoako, the technical director and head coach for the Sporting FC Academy in Toronto. "It is also a great experience for the boys and girls as they get to interact with players from the first team and the wonderful coaches from the organization such as Pedro Dias, an experience they will forever cherish."
For more information on the Live Skills Clinic presented by Canadian Tire Jumpstart, go to whitecapsfc.com/skillsclinic.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 11, 2020
- Nashville SC Players Partake in Voluntary Individual Workouts at Currey Ingram Academy - Nashville SC
- Minnesota United to Conduct Individual Voluntary Workouts at National Sports Center - Minnesota United FC
- Thrillers and Classics Headline MLS Heineken=C2=AE Rivalry Week: this Week in MLS - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 11, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC Live Skills Clinics Welcome Clubs Across Canada and Abroad - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Training Update: May 11 - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Launch the 'LAFC Food Delivery Service' Program - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Heineken Rivalry Week to Showcase Classic Matches and Groundbreaking New Digital Fan Experiences - MLS
- this Week in Orlando City History: May 11th-17th - Orlando City SC
- Columbus Crew SC's Broadcast Schedule of Re-Airs: May 11-17 - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United's Franco Escobar and Paulo Neto advance to Championship Sunday of eMLS Tournament Special - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Whitecaps FC Stories
- Whitecaps FC Launch BMO Atlantic Canada Development Centre
- Exraa Dominates His Way to First FIFA Global Series Championship
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Acquire 2021 International Slot from Nashville SC
- Whitecaps FC Sign Dynamic eSports Duo to Take on Global Competition
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Allocation Money from Crew SC in Exchange for Keeper Evan Bush