LAFC Launch the 'LAFC Food Delivery Service' Program
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) has teamed up with the Club's local restaurant and bar partners to deliver free meals to members of the Black & Gold family that have been adversely affected by COVID-19. The delivery program is supported by the Club's recently announced Black & Gold Community Fund.
"We are proud to continue our efforts to be a force for good in the L.A. community by offering free meals to those in need," said LAFC President and Co-Owner Tom Penn. "We thank our generous bar and restaurant partners for their support and commitment to assist our treasured members of our Black & Gold community."
Through the program, LAFC will provide 16 meals, twice a week, to local families in need. Meals will be delivered on Tuesdays and Fridays and will include enough food to feed a family of four. Meal recipients are determined through the Black & Gold Community Fund application.
The program kicked off on May 5 with food deliveries from bar partners Casa De Pancho Mexican Grill and Fresh Off the Hook and restaurant partner Seoul Sausage. This week will include deliveries from Bludso's BBQ, JP23 and R Bar. Each bar partner meal will come with free LAFC merchandise and personalized note from the Club.
All participating LAFC restaurants and bar partners are currently open during this time for food pick-ups and some deliveries. Contact the restaurants below:
Seoul Sausage - Downtown LA
Bludso's BBQ - Mid-City
Casa De Pancho Mexican Grill - Walnut
The Garage On Motor - Culver City
Fresh Off The Hook - Whittier
JP23 - Fullerton
La Chuperia - Boyle Heights
Q Club - Oxnard
R Bar - Long Beach
Prior to the launch of the program, the Club began working with restaurant partner Seoul Sausage to offer free meals to members of the 3252 community in need. During the week of April 20th, the Club teamed up with Seoul Sausage, Legends and Melissa's Organics to offer a specialized #FoodEqualsFamily LAFC BBQ Pork Belly Kit which included an LAFC hat. Sharing the goal of being a force for good in the community, Seoul Sausage has donated 12 meals per week since mid-April.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 11, 2020
- Nashville SC Players Partake in Voluntary Individual Workouts at Currey Ingram Academy - Nashville SC
- Minnesota United to Conduct Individual Voluntary Workouts at National Sports Center - Minnesota United FC
- Thrillers and Classics Headline MLS Heineken=C2=AE Rivalry Week: this Week in MLS - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 11, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC Live Skills Clinics Welcome Clubs Across Canada and Abroad - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Training Update: May 11 - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Launch the 'LAFC Food Delivery Service' Program - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Heineken Rivalry Week to Showcase Classic Matches and Groundbreaking New Digital Fan Experiences - MLS
- this Week in Orlando City History: May 11th-17th - Orlando City SC
- Columbus Crew SC's Broadcast Schedule of Re-Airs: May 11-17 - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United's Franco Escobar and Paulo Neto advance to Championship Sunday of eMLS Tournament Special - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Defeat San Jose Earthquakes 3-1
- Proof of Vaccination Or Negative COVID-19 Test Result Required at Dignity Health Sports Park Events Beginning October 8
- LAFC Announces Date Change for Home Match against Vancouver
- LAFC and Galaxy Tie 1-1
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to Portland Timbers