Atlanta United Training Update: May 11
ATLANTA - Several Atlanta United players returned to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground for voluntary individual workouts on Monday. It is the third time the club has held workout sessions since opening on May 6. Sessions will continue this week Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and will include players from Atlanta United 2 beginning on Wednesday.
Major League Soccer announced May 1 that its players may begin to use outdoor team training fields for individual workouts, in compliance with detailed health and safety protocols that were created in consultation with medical and infectious disease experts. All individual workouts are voluntary and may not be in conflict with local public health official or government policies.
The individual player workout protocol prohibits access to club facilities including but not limited to locker rooms, team gyms and team training rooms. Team gyms and training rooms may still only be accessed by players receiving post-operative and rehabilitation treatment, as directed by the club's Chief Medical Officer.
The MLS league-wide moratorium on small group and full team training remains in place through Friday, May 15.
Meanwhile, United Soccer League (USL) announced May 6 a modification to the previously announced training moratorium that will allow Championship and League One clubs, at their option, to open outdoor fields for non-contact training in small groups as well as training rooms for player treatment. ATL UTD 2 will begin on Wednesday, however they will operate under the same rules as the club's MLS players, meaning individual workouts only.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 11, 2020
- Nashville SC Players Partake in Voluntary Individual Workouts at Currey Ingram Academy - Nashville SC
- Minnesota United to Conduct Individual Voluntary Workouts at National Sports Center - Minnesota United FC
- Thrillers and Classics Headline MLS Heineken=C2=AE Rivalry Week: this Week in MLS - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 11, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC Live Skills Clinics Welcome Clubs Across Canada and Abroad - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Training Update: May 11 - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Launch the 'LAFC Food Delivery Service' Program - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Heineken Rivalry Week to Showcase Classic Matches and Groundbreaking New Digital Fan Experiences - MLS
- this Week in Orlando City History: May 11th-17th - Orlando City SC
- Columbus Crew SC's Broadcast Schedule of Re-Airs: May 11-17 - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United's Franco Escobar and Paulo Neto advance to Championship Sunday of eMLS Tournament Special - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Announce Year-End Roster Moves
- Atlanta United Announces Provisional Roster for Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League
- Two Atlanta United Players Undergo Successful Post-Season Surgery
- MLS Unveils 2020 Best-Selling Jerseys; Josef Martinez Only Player to Rank Top-Three in Each of the Past Four Seasons
- Atlanta United Drops Regular Season Finale to Columbus Crew SC