Westchester Knicks Remain Winless on the Road
PORTLAND, December 20, 2014 - The Westchester Knicks (5-9) lost their fourth straight game, falling 96-92 to the Maine Red Claws (11-2), the NBA Development League affiliate of the Boston Celtics.
Aggressive play from Westchester and early fouls from Maine were not enough to secure a win for the Knicks, who made just 40 percent of their field goal attempts and shot only 21 percent from beyond the arc.
Early energy from the Dubs was muddled by an inability to capitalize from the free throw line, with the team missing 10 of 24 attempts. Leading the Red Claws for the majority of the first quarter, the steam ran out for the Knicks in the second, who were unable to overtake Maine until a short lived two point lead in the third. After the Red Claws regained the lead, they refused to let it go despite an exciting run from the Knicks towards the end of the final quarter.
It looked like the Dubs were going to make a run for it, coming within two late in the fourth quarter. With under 30 seconds to go and still trailing the Red Claws, Westchester guard Langston Galloway hit a three to make it a one possession game, but the Red Claws were too hot beyond the arc and ultimately outshot the Knicks in the contest.
Thanasis Antetokounmpo was the leading scorer for the Knicks with 22 points, also adding six rebounds. Langston Galloway was just short of a double double with 21 points, nine rebounds, and three steals. Darnell Jackson supplied 12 points and eight rebounds.
The Red Claws made a combined 12 blocked shots, led by Ralph Sampson with four. Chis Babb was the leading scorer for Maine with 21 points, adding nine rebounds and three assists.
Westchester returns home to the Westchester County Center to face the Erie BayHawks, the NBA D-League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, on Tuesday, Dec. 23 at 7:00 p.m. The first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a knit hat courtesy of Empress EMS.
Tickets for the Westchester Knicks are on sale now at Ticketmaster outlets and the Westchester County Center Box Office and start at $10. For information on season tickets and partial plans, visit westchesterknicks.com or call (914) 559-6889. Fans can stay up-to-date on team news by following the team at: @wcknicks on Twitter and on Facebook at facebook.com/wcknicks.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 20, 2014
- Warriors Shut Down the Stampede in Weekend Double-Header - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stampede Defeated by Santa Cruz 120-97 - Idaho Stampede
- RGV Vipers Fall to Canton 110-100 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- BayHawks Bounce Back with Home Win over Energy - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Anmts Hold off Drive to Reclaim First Place in Central - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Hang on to Win 7th Straight - Maine Red Claws
- Iowa Energy Fall to Erie BayHawks - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Remain Winless on the Road - Westchester Knicks
- D-Fenders Acquire Zach Andrews - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Muscala Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Russ Smith Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.