Warriors Shut Down the Stampede in Weekend Double-Header
BOISE, Idaho. - The Santa Cruz Warriors closed out their weekend double-header against the Idaho Stampede with another win on Saturday night. The Warriors improved to 9-4 on the season with a 120-97 win over Idaho, handing the team their 8th straight loss.
For the second night in a row, 7 Warriors scored in double-figures. Guard Elliot Williams paced the Warriors, with 23 points, 9 assists, and 8 rebounds. Joe Alexander notched 20 points and grabbed 8 rebounds, on an 8 of 12 scoring effort. James Michael McAdoo added 19 points for Santa Cruz, while Mychel Thompson shot 75% from beyond the arc for a total of 16 points. Taylor Griffin scored 13 points, while Milos Milisavljevic and Dominique Sutton added 11 apiece.
Idaho received a strong performance from Kevin Murphy who notched a game-high 35 points. Jerrelle Benimon recorded a double-double, racking up 15 points and 18 rebounds. Joel Wright contributed with 16 points and Shane Gibson had 11 in the loss.
The Warriors received a quick first quarter spark from Elliot Williams, who put the first 7 points on the scoreboard for Santa Cruz. Mirroring the previous night's first quarter campaign, the Warriors shot 62% from the field, heading into the second period with a 35-26 advantage.
Santa Cruz would never relinquish the lead for the remainder of the game, and continued the sharpshooting effort, finishing with a 55% field goal percentage on the night. In the weekend double-header against the Stampede, the Warriors shot over 50% in 7 of the 8 quarters played.
Santa Cruz and Idaho will meet again on December 27th when the Stampede comes to Santa Cruz. The action will tip-off at 7:00 p.m. at Kaiser Permanente Arena. Fans can listen to the broadcast on the Santa Cruz Warriors flagship station, KION 1460AM/101.1FM, or catch the game on the NBA D-League's YouTube channel, via www.santacruzbasketball.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 20, 2014
- Warriors Shut Down the Stampede in Weekend Double-Header - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stampede Defeated by Santa Cruz 120-97 - Idaho Stampede
- RGV Vipers Fall to Canton 110-100 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- BayHawks Bounce Back with Home Win over Energy - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Anmts Hold off Drive to Reclaim First Place in Central - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Hang on to Win 7th Straight - Maine Red Claws
- Iowa Energy Fall to Erie BayHawks - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Remain Winless on the Road - Westchester Knicks
- D-Fenders Acquire Zach Andrews - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Muscala Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Russ Smith Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors to Host Three Hardwood Classics Nights
- Santa Cruz Warriors Name Ryan Atkinson General Manager
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce 2019-20 Season Schedule
- Santa Cruz Warriors Name Kris Weems Head Coach
- Golden State Warriors Sign Ky Bowman & Damion Lee to Two-Way Contracts