D-Fenders Acquire Zach Andrews
EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles D-Fenders have acquired forward Zach Andrews and have waived Charles Hinkle, it was announced today by General Manager Nick Mazzella.
Andrews, who most recently was a member of Osaka Evessa (Japan), returns to Los Angeles after appearing in 76 games for the D-Fenders between 2011 and 2013. The 6'9" forward out of Bradley University played in 44 games for Los Angeles during the 2011-12 season, averaging 9.3 points and 7.3 rebounds, while shooting 64.7% from the field, good enough for second best in the league. Andrews helped the D-Fenders reach the 2012 D-League Finals, earning him an All-Star Game selection and an entry into the Slam Dunk contest. In 32 games with Los Angeles in 2012-13, Andrews averaged 7.0 points and 5.8 rebounds in 22.5 minutes per game.
As a senior at Bradley University, Andrews tallied 11.1 points and 6.9 rebounds per game. The Braves reached the Sweet 16 in 2006, upsetting Kansas and Pittsburgh before falling to Memphis in the round of 16.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 20, 2014
- Warriors Shut Down the Stampede in Weekend Double-Header - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stampede Defeated by Santa Cruz 120-97 - Idaho Stampede
- RGV Vipers Fall to Canton 110-100 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- BayHawks Bounce Back with Home Win over Energy - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Anmts Hold off Drive to Reclaim First Place in Central - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Hang on to Win 7th Straight - Maine Red Claws
- Iowa Energy Fall to Erie BayHawks - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Remain Winless on the Road - Westchester Knicks
- D-Fenders Acquire Zach Andrews - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Muscala Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Russ Smith Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt