BayHawks Bounce Back with Home Win over Energy
Erie, Pennsylvania, Saturday, December 20, 2014 - The Erie BayHawks (6-7) handed the Iowa Energy (5-6) their second loss in as many days as Erie held the lead for the final 42 minutes of the game. The BayHawks were led by Seth Curry who scored a team season high 38 points that included five threes, 6 rebounds and 7 assists.
Iowa's Damien Wilkins was aggressive in the early going as he recorded six points in the first three minutes of the game to lead the Energy with their biggest lead of the game at four. Curry's personal 5-0 run midway through the first frame gave Erie a 15-10 lead.
Despite an Energy 6-1 run to cut Erie's lead midway through the second, the BayHawks were up by as many as 15 as the bench contributed 17 of their own in the half. Erie led 54-41 heading into halftime behind Curry's 18 points. John Bohannon came off the bench to follow with eight of his own.
The third quarter saw Erie's lead increase to 22 as Curry added 14 more points. Despite Michigan State product Kalin Lucas' 17 points in the second half, Curry and the BayHawks controlled the game to win 110-83, Erie's largest margin of victory this season, snapping a three game losing streak.
Curry's 38 points were six more than the previous team season high held by Drew Crawford. His seven assists were also a game high. Daniel Coursey posted 15 points and seven boards following his 28 and 20 points the past two games. John Bohannon led the charge in bench scoring with 13 while Jarvis Williams, who got the nod to start again over injured Peyton Siva, tallied 12.
Lucas led Iowa in scoring with 24 points while teammate Diante Garrett followed with 15. No other Energy player hit double figures. Jarrid Famous posted an outstanding 20 rebounds while Jarnell Stokes, recently assigned to the NBA Development League by the Memphis Grizzlies, scored eight.
The BayHawks travel to Westchester to play the Knicks for the third time this season on Tuesday and then come back home Saturday against the Bakersfield Jam to tip-off three home games in four days. Erie will play the Texas Legends on December 29 and then Bakersfield again for "Kayla McBride Day" on December 30.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 20, 2014
- Warriors Shut Down the Stampede in Weekend Double-Header - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stampede Defeated by Santa Cruz 120-97 - Idaho Stampede
- RGV Vipers Fall to Canton 110-100 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- BayHawks Bounce Back with Home Win over Energy - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Anmts Hold off Drive to Reclaim First Place in Central - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Hang on to Win 7th Straight - Maine Red Claws
- Iowa Energy Fall to Erie BayHawks - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Remain Winless on the Road - Westchester Knicks
- D-Fenders Acquire Zach Andrews - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Muscala Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Russ Smith Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.