Iowa Energy Fall to Erie BayHawks
Erie, P.A. - The Iowa Energy (5-6) fell to the Erie BayHawks (6-7) 110-83 Saturday night at the Erie Insurance Arena.
The BayHawks were led by Seth Curry with a game-high 38 points, 6 rebounds and 7 assists. Daniel Coursey added 15 points, 7 rebounds and 1 assist. The Energy were led by Kalin Lucas with 24 points, 3 rebounds and 2 assists. Diante Garrett added 15 points while Jarrid Famous recorded 20 rebounds. Memphis Grizzlies assignee Jarnell Stokes added 8 points and 2 rebounds.
Erie took a 28-24 advantage after a close first quarter of play. The Energy and BayHawks were tied four times throughout the quarter. Erie began to pull away during the second quarter, outscoring the Energy 26-17 and led 54-41 at halftime. Curry scored 18 first-half points for the BayHawks.
Erie held a 21-point lead at one point during the third quarter after a quick start to the second half. Iowa tried to climb back into the game with a fast start in the fourth quarter, closing the lead to only 11 points after an 8-2 run to start the fourth. The comeback would be short lived as Curry and the BayHawks responded, opening the lead back up to 19 points. Erie would go on to win the game 110-83.
The Energy return home Tuesday to take on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 7pm at Wells Fargo Arena. Santa Claus will be making a special appearance at the game.
Iowa Energy 2014-2015 single game tickets are now on sale starting at just $8. Group tickets, Flex Packs and payment plans are available now. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, 'like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 20, 2014
- Warriors Shut Down the Stampede in Weekend Double-Header - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stampede Defeated by Santa Cruz 120-97 - Idaho Stampede
- RGV Vipers Fall to Canton 110-100 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- BayHawks Bounce Back with Home Win over Energy - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Anmts Hold off Drive to Reclaim First Place in Central - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Hang on to Win 7th Straight - Maine Red Claws
- Iowa Energy Fall to Erie BayHawks - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Remain Winless on the Road - Westchester Knicks
- D-Fenders Acquire Zach Andrews - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Muscala Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Russ Smith Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Announce Priority Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory