Stampede Defeated by Santa Cruz 120-97
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Stampede (3-10) fell to the Santa Cruz Warriors (9-4) 120-97 Saturday night. With the win, the Warriors claimed the top spot in the West Division.
Four starters scored in double digits for Idaho, led by Kevin Murphy's season-high 35 points. Jerrelle Benimon recorded 15 points and 18 rebounds for his sixth double-double of the season. The Stampede closed the third quarter on a 10-2 run to bring the game within six points. Santa Cruz answered by outscoring Idaho 33-16 in the fourth quarter to put the game out of reach.
The Warriors had seven players in double figures. Elliot Williams posted 23 points, nine assists and eight rebounds. As a team, Santa Cruz shot 55 percent from the field. Joe Alexander recorded 20 points and eight rebounds while James Michael McAdoo helped down low with 19 points and nine rebounds.
Idaho will host the Reno Bighorns on Christmas Day at CenturyLink Arena at 6 p.m. Santa Cruz has the next week off and will host the Stampede on Saturday, December 27 for their next game.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 20, 2014
- Warriors Shut Down the Stampede in Weekend Double-Header - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stampede Defeated by Santa Cruz 120-97 - Idaho Stampede
- RGV Vipers Fall to Canton 110-100 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- BayHawks Bounce Back with Home Win over Energy - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Anmts Hold off Drive to Reclaim First Place in Central - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Hang on to Win 7th Straight - Maine Red Claws
- Iowa Energy Fall to Erie BayHawks - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Remain Winless on the Road - Westchester Knicks
- D-Fenders Acquire Zach Andrews - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Muscala Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Russ Smith Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.