Westchester Knicks Acquire Kevin Foster
WHITE PLAINS, April 3, 2015 - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA Development League affiliate of the New York Knickerbockers, announced today that they have acquired guard Kevin Foster from the available player pool. Additionally, Andre Barrett has suffered a season-ending thumb injury. Westchester will retain his rights for the next two seasons.
Foster, 6-8, 230 pounds out of Fresno State, last played for the Reno Bighorns in 2013-14 and averaged 3.0 points and 2.7 rebounds over 8.5 minutes in 15 games.
Barrett was a member of the franchise opening-day roster. The 5-10, 175 pound guard appeared in 36 games for Westchester, averaging 12.5 points, 4.1 assists, and 2.8 rebounds over 30.8 minutes of play.
The Westchester Knicks take on the Delaware 87ers, the Philadelphia 76ers' affiliate, tonight, April 3, at 7:00 p.m. ET. The game will be broadcast live on MSG 2 and the D-League's YouTube channel.
Tickets for the final home game of the inaugural season are on sale now at Ticketmaster outlets and the Westchester County Center Box Office and start at $10. The Westchester Knicks close out the season on Saturday, April 4 at 7:00 p.m. against the Canton Charge. For information on 2015-16 season tickets, visit WestchesterKnicks.com or call (914) 559-6889. Fans can stay up-to-date on team news by following the team at: @wcknicks on Twitter and on Facebook at facebook.com/wcknicks.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 3, 2015
- Warriors' Fourth Quarter Rally Falls Short - Santa Cruz Warriors
- The Bighorns Finish the Season with a Victory over the Warriors - Reno Bighorns
- Red Claws Clinch Victory in Final Seconds - Texas Legends
- Win Keeps Fort Wayne in Control of Their Playoff Destiny - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Holds Back Stampede - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs Take Down Los Angeles D-Fenders - Austin Spurs
- Idaho Topped by Christon, Oklahoma City - Idaho Stampede
- Charge Drop Regular Season Home Finale - Canton Charge
- Curry's 35-Point Effort Leads BayHawks over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Damien Wilkins Leads Energy to Victory over Charge - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Drop Road Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Dwight Buycks Called up to Los Angeles Lakers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Lakers Sign Dwight Buycks - G League
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Kevin Foster - Westchester Knicks
- Mavericks Reassign Dwight Powell to the Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Mavericks Reassign Dwight Powell to the Texas Legends - G League
- Cavs Assign Joe Harris to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Cavs Assign Joe Harris to Canton Charge - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.