Damien Wilkins Leads Energy to Victory over Charge
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Energy (26-23) won 103-92 over the Canton Charge (30-19) Friday night at the Canton Memorial Civic Center. With the win, the Energy keeps their playoff hopes alive.
The Energy were led by Damien Wilkins with a game-high 39 points and five rebounds. Willie Reed added a double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds. Arinze Onuaku led the Charge with 19 points and 11 rebounds. The Energy would never trail in the game.
Iowa came out ready to play in the first quarter. They quickly jumped out to a 14-point lead over the Charge. The Energy would shoot 77.8 percent in the quarter to hold a 35-23 lead heading into the second. Wilkins led the Energy with 14 points on five of six shooting. Iowa continued to pour it on in the second, extending their lead to 22 points mid-way through the quarter to hold a 58-42 halftime lead. Wilkins had 21 first half points.
Iowa continued to control the game in the second half behind strong performances from Wilkins and Reed. Canton was able to get within seven points of the Energy in the closing minutes of the third quarter. Iowa quickly responded and opened back up an 11-point lead to take an 81-70 advantage into the fourth. Iowa was able to cruise to victory in the fourth winning 103-92. Iowa remains locked in a battle with Fort Wayne for the final wildcard playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
The Energy return home Saturday for the regular season finale against the Maine Red Claws at 7 p.m. for MidAmerican Energy GO GREEN night. The first 500 fans will receive a Surge bobblehead.
Iowa Energy 2014-2015 single game tickets are now on sale starting at just $8. 2015-2016 season tickets are on sale starting at just $299. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, 'like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
Images from this story
Damien Wilkins of the Iowa Energy
(Jason Bradwell/NBAE/Getty Images)
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 3, 2015
- Warriors' Fourth Quarter Rally Falls Short - Santa Cruz Warriors
- The Bighorns Finish the Season with a Victory over the Warriors - Reno Bighorns
- Red Claws Clinch Victory in Final Seconds - Texas Legends
- Win Keeps Fort Wayne in Control of Their Playoff Destiny - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Holds Back Stampede - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs Take Down Los Angeles D-Fenders - Austin Spurs
- Idaho Topped by Christon, Oklahoma City - Idaho Stampede
- Charge Drop Regular Season Home Finale - Canton Charge
- Curry's 35-Point Effort Leads BayHawks over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Damien Wilkins Leads Energy to Victory over Charge - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Drop Road Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Dwight Buycks Called up to Los Angeles Lakers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Lakers Sign Dwight Buycks - G League
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Kevin Foster - Westchester Knicks
- Mavericks Reassign Dwight Powell to the Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Mavericks Reassign Dwight Powell to the Texas Legends - G League
- Cavs Assign Joe Harris to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Cavs Assign Joe Harris to Canton Charge - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.