Week Of Firsts
That's New: The Tulsa Oilers will make their first visit to a new CHL team this week, and also face another league foe for the very first time. The Oilers will conclude a three game road trip visiting the Allen Americans Friday at 7:30 p.m. They return home Saturday to face the Texas Brahmas at 7:35 p.m., and then will play the Arizona Sundogs (in their fourth CHL season) for the first time ever on Sunday at 4:05 p.m. at the BOK Center. All games can be heard via the internet at www.tulsaoilers.com and viewed at CHL TV.
Lost Week: The Oilers dropped three games last week losing 7-6 at home to Colorado, then a pair of games at Rapid City, 5-2 and 6-3
Speaking Of: Firsts...Defenseman Sean Erickson scored his first professional goal in Saturday's game at Rapid City. Erickson, who played college hockey at the University of Connecticut has one goal and four assists for the season and is +6.
And Also...: Erickson's defense partner Jim Henkemeyer also got his first points as an Oiler. He scored against Colorado and got an assist on Friday against his former team in Rapid City. He now has a goal and four assists for five points and +6 (he is +7 in six games with the Oilers) in 14 total games.
Double Dip: T.J. Caig scored two goals for the Oilers on Saturday night. It was the first time in 10 games the Oilers had one player score twice in a game. Caig was also the last player with a two goal game, when he scored twice in a 4-1 win over Mississippi on November 14th.
Air Bears: Sunday's game against Arizona will be the annual Teddy Bear Toss. Fans are encouraged to bring Teddy bears and other stuffed animals to the game. They can show those at the Fan Assistance Center to receive a coupon good for a discount to the Christmas night game with Wichita. Then, when the Oilers score their first goal of the game, fans are encouraged to throw the bears on the ice. They will be collected and given to a number of agencies for distribution.
Tickets Here: Tickets for all Oilers games are available at the BOK Center box office or by calling 1-866-7BOK CTR (726-5287). Tickets can also be purchased on line at www.tulsaoilers.com and at area Reasor's Grocery Stores.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2009
- Mudbugs Hang On Against Gorillas In Amarillo - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gorillas Comeback Thwarted - Amarillo Gorillas
- Nastiuk Named Oakley CHL Goaltender Of The Week - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- Allen In Second Place In CHL - Allen Americans
- Bucks Host Rival Rays Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Tuesday - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Happenings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Dumont Named CHL Player Of The Week - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mississippi's Louis Dumont and Corpus Christi's Kevin Nastiuk Win Weekly Awards - CHL
- Week Of Firsts - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks, Doctors Hospital Collect 157 Toys - Laredo Bucks
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings Ready For Back-To-Back Mudbugs - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas & The U.S. Marine Corps Team Up, Game Tonight - Amarillo Gorillas
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Jacks Launch Second Annual "Holiday Tour" - Odessa Jackalopes
- Wichita Finishes Weekend in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Hockey Happy Hour At Indigo Joes Tonight At 6:30pm - Tulsa Oilers
- Odessa Faces Big Road Test This Weekend - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.