Odessa Faces Big Road Test This Weekend
(Odessa, TX) - The Odessa Jackalopes split their home-and-home weekend with Laredo and now look towards a tough road test against the Colorado Eagles.
Last week's record: 1-1-0
Season record: 16-4-2
Friday vs. Laredo, 2-1 (SO) Win
Brian Swiniarski was credited for both goals as he netted the game-tying marker with 32 seconds left in regulation then scored the shootout's only goal in round seven to give Odessa the 2-1, comeback win.
Saturday at Laredo, 6-1 Loss
Justin Styffe scored two goals and added two assists as the Bucks held a 3-1 advantage after two periods then scored three in the third to pull away. It was Laredo's first win over Odessa in the last seven games going back to last year's Southern Conference Semifinals.
-- Upcoming Games --
Saturday at Colorado, 8:05 PM CST
The top two teams in each conference square off in the first of three meetings this season. The Eagles are led by Riley Nelson who was last year's runner-up for the CHL's Most Valuable Player award to Odessa's Sebastien Thinel.
Sunday at Amarillo, 4:05 PM CST
Odessa continues their road trip when they visit Amarillo for the third time this season, and their sixth meeting overall. The Jackalopes are 4-1-0 against the Gorillas this season outscoring their rivals 25-16.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is in the middle of their 13th season in the Permian Basin. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2009
- Mudbugs Hang On Against Gorillas In Amarillo - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gorillas Comeback Thwarted - Amarillo Gorillas
- Nastiuk Named Oakley CHL Goaltender Of The Week - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- Allen In Second Place In CHL - Allen Americans
- Bucks Host Rival Rays Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Tuesday - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Happenings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Dumont Named CHL Player Of The Week - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mississippi's Louis Dumont and Corpus Christi's Kevin Nastiuk Win Weekly Awards - CHL
- Week Of Firsts - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks, Doctors Hospital Collect 157 Toys - Laredo Bucks
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings Ready For Back-To-Back Mudbugs - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas & The U.S. Marine Corps Team Up, Game Tonight - Amarillo Gorillas
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Jacks Launch Second Annual "Holiday Tour" - Odessa Jackalopes
- Wichita Finishes Weekend in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Hockey Happy Hour At Indigo Joes Tonight At 6:30pm - Tulsa Oilers
- Odessa Faces Big Road Test This Weekend - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.