Dumont Named CHL Player Of The Week
(Southaven, MS) --- The Central Hockey League (CHL) today announced that Mississippi RiverKings forward Louis Dumont has been named the league's Player of the Week. The honor covers the CHL games played for the week ending Sunday, December 7th.
Dumont earned seven points in two RiverKings' victories this weekend. The veteran forward from Calgary, Alberta, Canada scored four goals in the third period of Friday's 6-3 victory over the Colorado Eagles in Southaven, and added three assists in Sunday's 4-2 home victory over Missouri.
The four-goal feat was the first time since last February that a RiverKings' player had tallied four goals in one period of play, when Darrell Stoddard did it against Wichita.
Dumont also became the first CHL player for score four goals in a game this season.
The 5-foot-10, 180 veteran forward became the third Mississippi player to score at least three goals in a contest this season for the RiverKings, now 11-9-2 going into a home-and-home weekend series that begins December 11th at Bossier-Shreveport and continues against the Mudbugs on Saturday, December 12th at 7:05 PM.
For the season, Dumont is tied with Ryan Held for the team lead in points with 23. He is second in goals scored (9) and leads the RiverKings in assists (14).
A RiverKings flex-pack makes a great Christmas gift for your favorite. Eight ticket vouchers for any RiverKings home game is a wonderful way to say "Merry Christmas." For more information, call the RiverKings at 662-342-1755 or go online to www.riverkings.com today!
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2009
- Mudbugs Hang On Against Gorillas In Amarillo - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gorillas Comeback Thwarted - Amarillo Gorillas
- Nastiuk Named Oakley CHL Goaltender Of The Week - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- Allen In Second Place In CHL - Allen Americans
- Bucks Host Rival Rays Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Tuesday - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Happenings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Dumont Named CHL Player Of The Week - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mississippi's Louis Dumont and Corpus Christi's Kevin Nastiuk Win Weekly Awards - CHL
- Week Of Firsts - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks, Doctors Hospital Collect 157 Toys - Laredo Bucks
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings Ready For Back-To-Back Mudbugs - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas & The U.S. Marine Corps Team Up, Game Tonight - Amarillo Gorillas
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Jacks Launch Second Annual "Holiday Tour" - Odessa Jackalopes
- Wichita Finishes Weekend in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Hockey Happy Hour At Indigo Joes Tonight At 6:30pm - Tulsa Oilers
- Odessa Faces Big Road Test This Weekend - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.