Nastiuk Named Oakley CHL Goaltender Of The Week
The Central Hockey League announced Monday that the recipients for the Oakley Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Week for the period ending December 6th, 2009 are was Kevin Nastiuk of the Corpus Christi IceRays. It's the first time this season that an IceRays goaltender has won the award. Corpus Christi will begin a new week of hockey Tuesday night in Laredo at 7:00pm. They will then travel to Rio Grande Valley on Friday, before returning to the American Bank Center to host the Missouri Mavericks on Saturday night at 7:05pm. For more information, please call the IceRays at 361.814.PUCK.
Nastiuk, 24, finished off a week of two games stopping 55 of the 58 shots he saw (.948 save percentage). The IceRays netminder led his team to a 6-1 victory over Arizona on December 3 and was the victim of a hard-luck loss on December 4 in a 2-1 loss at Texas. The Edmonton, Alberta native has been strong since signing with the Rays carrying a 2.37 goals against average (second in the CHL) and a.927 save percentage (tops in the league). Nastiuk was signed by the IceRays on November 16th and started eight consecutive games until last Saturday. He has held the opposition to two goals or less in six of his eight starts. In recognition of his achievement, Nastiuk will receive a special gift from Oakley.
The IceRays will hit the road next week with a Tuesday night trip to Laredo, and a Friday visit to Rio Grande Valley, before the IceRays play host the Missouri Mavericks on Saturday night at 7:05pm at the American Bank Center. Tickets are currently available. For more information, please call the IceRays at 361.814.PUCK or visit them online at www.goicerays.com.
Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week
Kevin Nastiuk, Corpus Christi IceRays
Games Played: 2
Save %: 0.948
Saves: 55 of 58
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2009
- Mudbugs Hang On Against Gorillas In Amarillo - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gorillas Comeback Thwarted - Amarillo Gorillas
- Nastiuk Named Oakley CHL Goaltender Of The Week - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- Allen In Second Place In CHL - Allen Americans
- Bucks Host Rival Rays Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Tuesday - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Happenings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Dumont Named CHL Player Of The Week - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mississippi's Louis Dumont and Corpus Christi's Kevin Nastiuk Win Weekly Awards - CHL
- Week Of Firsts - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks, Doctors Hospital Collect 157 Toys - Laredo Bucks
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings Ready For Back-To-Back Mudbugs - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas & The U.S. Marine Corps Team Up, Game Tonight - Amarillo Gorillas
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Jacks Launch Second Annual "Holiday Tour" - Odessa Jackalopes
- Wichita Finishes Weekend in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Hockey Happy Hour At Indigo Joes Tonight At 6:30pm - Tulsa Oilers
- Odessa Faces Big Road Test This Weekend - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- Don'T Forget About Justin Quenneville's Retirement Party Tonight
- IceRays Host Street Hockey Challenge
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas
- IceRays Fall 5-4 In Overtime To Brahmas, Trail Series 1-0
- IceRays Beat Killer Bees 6-3 In Regular Season Finale