Mississippi's Louis Dumont and Corpus Christi's Kevin Nastiuk Win Weekly Awards
December 7, 2009 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
(Tempe, Arizona) - The Central Hockey League announced today that the recipients for the Oakley Central Hockey League Player and Goaltender of the Week for the period ending December 6th, 2009 are forward Louis Dumont of the Mississippi RiverKings and goaltender Kevin Nastiuk of the Corpus Christi IceRays.
Dumont ended the week playing two game recording seven points (4-3=7), both in RiverKings victories. The veteran scored all four of his goals in 5:33 seconds of the third period to help his team to a 6-3 victory over Colorado. The Calgary, Alberta native followed his four-goal effort up with three assists in the RiverKings' victory December 6th against Missouri. Dumont's four goals were scored on just five shots and he ended the two games with a+3 plus/minus rating.
Nastiuk finished off a week of two games stopping 55 of the 58 shots he saw (.948 save percentage). The IceRays netminder led his team to a 6-1 victory over Arizona on December 3 and was the victim of a hard-luck loss on December 4 in a 2-1 loss at Texas. The Edmonton, Alberta native has been strong since signing with the Rays carrying a 2.37 goals against average (second in the CHL) and a.927 save percentage (tops in the league).
In recognition of their achievements both Dumont and Nastiuk will receive a special gift from Oakley.
Oakley CHL Player of the Week
Louis Dumont, Mississippi RiverKings
Games Played: 2
Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week
Kevin Nastiuk, Corpus Christi IceRays
Save %: 0.948
Saves: 55 of 58
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2009
- Mudbugs Hang On Against Gorillas In Amarillo - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gorillas Comeback Thwarted - Amarillo Gorillas
- Nastiuk Named Oakley CHL Goaltender Of The Week - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- Allen In Second Place In CHL - Allen Americans
- Bucks Host Rival Rays Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Tuesday - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Happenings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Dumont Named CHL Player Of The Week - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mississippi's Louis Dumont and Corpus Christi's Kevin Nastiuk Win Weekly Awards - CHL
- Week Of Firsts - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks, Doctors Hospital Collect 157 Toys - Laredo Bucks
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings Ready For Back-To-Back Mudbugs - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas & The U.S. Marine Corps Team Up, Game Tonight - Amarillo Gorillas
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Jacks Launch Second Annual "Holiday Tour" - Odessa Jackalopes
- Wichita Finishes Weekend in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Hockey Happy Hour At Indigo Joes Tonight At 6:30pm - Tulsa Oilers
- Odessa Faces Big Road Test This Weekend - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.