Bucks Host Rival Rays Tuesday
LAREDO, TX- The Laredo Bucks of the Central Hockey League look for their second straight win Tuesday when they host Corpus Christi on Family Night at the Laredo Entertainment Center. The Bucks Family Four Pack is available; get four tickets, four hot dogs and four sodas for just $48! The first 600 fans to enter the arena will receive FREE Thunder Stix Courtesy of Cricket Wireless. Santa Claus will be in front of the LEC from 6-7pm.
Tuesday December 8, 2009: (Game 20, Home Game 10)
Corpus Christi (8-10-2, 18) at Laredo (11-4-4, 26pts), LEC, 7:00pm
Radio: Imagen 94.1-FM (pre-game show 6:40pm)
Online Radio: www.laredobucks.com, or http://rmx.com.mx/_principal.asp?region5
TV: CHL-TV (http://chltv.insinc.com/)
All-time series (Regular season): Bucks lead series 64-23-4
2009-10: Bucks trail 1-2
Last Meeting: 11/29/09: @LAR, 6, CRP 3
The Bucks look for their fourth-straight home win Tuesday, and to move closer to second-place Allen in the Southern Conference. The Bucks are five-points back of Allen.
Since their November 4th loss in Arizona the Bucks are 8-2-2, including 4-1-1 after Thanksgiving.
The Bucks are coming off of a 6-1 home win over first-place Odessa Saturday night. Justin Styffe had his first multi-goal game of the season, including his CHL-leading third short-handed tally. Kyle Gajewski stopped 31 of 32 shots to pick up his second win of the year. The Bucks held the league's number-one power-play scoreless in two straight games over the weekend, as the 'Jacks went a combined 0-for-12 with the man advantage.
Jeff Bes scored a goal in Saturday's win, increasing his team-leading point total to 23 (8-1523).
The Bucks will play the Ice Rays for the fourth time this season, including the second at the LEC. The Bucks have beaten the Ice Rays a total of 64 times in the regular season, the most all-time over any opponent.
Corpus enters Tuesday's game five points out of fifth place in the Southern Conference, as they have lost three of their last four games.
Justin Quenneville leads the Ice Rays in scoring with 17 points (9-817), and has a six-game point streak.
****MINI** RADIO GIVEAWAY ON DEC 11TH**
On Friday December 11 the Bucks host the Missouri Mavericks for the first time ever at the LEC! The first 1,000 fans to enter the arena will receive a FREE Bucks Mini Radio! There will also be a silent auction to benefit the children of Navidad en el Barrio. Group tickets start at just $10, call 718-BUCK (2825) to order now!
**BUCKS TO DELIVER TOYS DEC. 14TH**
The Bucks, in conjunction with Doctors Hospital, collected 157 toys for their annual toy drive at Saturday's (Dec 5th) game at the Laredo Entertainment Center.
Bucks players and front office staff members will deliver the toys to the pediatric cancer patients at Doctors Hospital on December 14th.
You can still drop a new, unwrapped toy off at the Bucks offices in the LEC in time for the delivery on December 14th. Call 718-BUCK (2825) for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2009
- Mudbugs Hang On Against Gorillas In Amarillo - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gorillas Comeback Thwarted - Amarillo Gorillas
- Nastiuk Named Oakley CHL Goaltender Of The Week - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- Allen In Second Place In CHL - Allen Americans
- Bucks Host Rival Rays Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Tuesday - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Happenings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Dumont Named CHL Player Of The Week - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mississippi's Louis Dumont and Corpus Christi's Kevin Nastiuk Win Weekly Awards - CHL
- Week Of Firsts - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks, Doctors Hospital Collect 157 Toys - Laredo Bucks
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings Ready For Back-To-Back Mudbugs - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas & The U.S. Marine Corps Team Up, Game Tonight - Amarillo Gorillas
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Jacks Launch Second Annual "Holiday Tour" - Odessa Jackalopes
- Wichita Finishes Weekend in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Hockey Happy Hour At Indigo Joes Tonight At 6:30pm - Tulsa Oilers
- Odessa Faces Big Road Test This Weekend - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.